Oil & Fuel new Holland synthetic oil 0-40 W

/ new Holland synthetic oil 0-40 W #1  

RADIUM

Gold Member
Tractor
NEW HOLLAND 2420
just getting ready to do the winter oil change good old upstate New York freezing my @@@ off can't wait till I finish my garage. My baby lives outside and I really don't feel like leaving it plugged in, not that it ever had a starting issue ,last year 15 below zero and she kicked right over but, I don't like the noise and the engine oil light taking 30 seconds to go off anyhow went to the dealer he recommended new Holland synthetic apparently it's for skid steers but will work in any diesel motor new Holland makes it so I guess the warranty won't be an issue anyone else try it? Just curious it cost $71 for 2.5 gallon drum the price doesn't really bother me I just can't find any information on it when I get done changing it later I'll take a picture of the bottle wish me luck :)

/ new Holland synthetic oil 0-40 W
well I just got done everything seems okay as usual with an oil change tracker seems quieter and one other strange thing I'm not quite sure how to explain it the engine seems to rev with a smoother power sound if that makes sense probably just the new oil it needed to be changed I will keep you posted when the 20 below mornings kicking in ;-).

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 693
   / new Holland synthetic oil 0-40 W #5  
$71 for 2.5 gallons is the same price as Rotella synthetic at TSC now ($28.99/gal), so I'd say the price is good.

/ new Holland synthetic oil 0-40 W
Just a quick update at a few mornings about 25ー really impressed with the new oil I think I will run this year-round tractor just feels much snappier quieted the engine right down not that a diesel can be that quiet but it's a big improvement. The oil light goes right off as soon as the engine starts before it seemed about a 20 seconds of oil light till it shut off a lot of metal rapping sounds are all gone I wish I had used this last winter. One other thing it looks like I'm keeping my snow blower no real offers just a lot of lowball offers so I mounted it up to the tractor easier to set up now while it's in the mid-40s it sure feels like we're going to get a real winter this year we'll see if we can fill it up LOL. Take care

Attachments

• snowblower.jpg
    snowblower.jpg
    952.7 KB · Views: 602