New Holland T4.75 Problem code 3842 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit (Upstream Turbine) - High Error Engine

/ New Holland T4.75 Problem code 3842 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit (Upstream Turbine) - High Error Engine #1  

Johnson Farms

Tractor
New Holland T4.75
Hello, I have a 2016 New holland T4.75 tractor that I purchased new. Recently while operating it a code came up in the dash of 3842. I referred to my manual and google to find out that the error code was for Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit (Upstream Turbine) - High Error Engine. I did what I could to work on it but due to the New holland computer system I could not interface it without taking it back to our dealer. They hooked their laptop to it and cleared the codes for it to only come right back. The technician and my son worked on it for a short while and found what the technician felt like was a bad sensor. He did not check it but rather just said they would have to order one. Well, we left the tractor their and waited for the new sensor to arrive and to be installed. Technician cleared the code and the code came right back. Either a new bad sensor or my original sensor was not bad to begin with. So over the phone I questioned the service advisor about did the technician check the sensors, did they check the battery voltage, did they check the wiring connection and of course the answer was no. So ia had them do those items and the results were that the battery was ok, but trying to figure out how to check the sensors. Has anyone else this problem? Does anyone know what to do to fix this?
Thanks
Tommy

/ New Holland T4.75 Problem code 3842 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit (Upstream Turbine) - High Error Engine #2  
Hello, I have a 2016 New holland T4.75 tractor that I purchased new. Recently while operating it a code came up in the dash of 3842. I referred to my manual and google to find out that the error code was for Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit (Upstream Turbine) - High Error Engine. I did what I could to work on it but due to the New holland computer system I could not interface it without taking it back to our dealer. They hooked their laptop to it and cleared the codes for it to only come right back. The technician and my son worked on it for a short while and found what the technician felt like was a bad sensor. He did not check it but rather just said they would have to order one. Well, we left the tractor their and waited for the new sensor to arrive and to be installed. Technician cleared the code and the code came right back. Either a new bad sensor or my original sensor was not bad to begin with. So over the phone I questioned the service advisor about did the technician check the sensors, did they check the battery voltage, did they check the wiring connection and of course the answer was no. So ia had them do those items and the results were that the battery was ok, but trying to figure out how to check the sensors. Has anyone else this problem? Does anyone know what to do to fix this?
Thanks
Tommy
Does this "error" effect the performance of the machine? It is most likely there to monitor the "turbine in" temperature of turbo compressor to either protect the turbine or to correct the fuel/air ratio during high power operation. These Tier IV engines with their electronic control systems require a lot of sensors to meet the EPA mandated exhaust emission requirements.