3-Point Hitch New Holland TC 25 - 3 point hitch hard to operate

/ New Holland TC 25 - 3 point hitch hard to operate #1  

ballencd

Tractor
Kubota L35, Cub Cadet 1000, Cushman 3 wheel Turf Truckster
I have a TC-25 New Holland tractor about 1995-1995 model. The 3 point hitch has been hard to operate for awhile now and drops on its own sometimes. I pulled the wheel off the right rear and pulled the cover from the lift handle assembly and found 1) very tight bushing on lift assembly...2) rusted and tight universal ends on left control arm and 3) broken feed-back bracket....at least it looks like some kind of feedback to the transmission that is adjusted when the 3 point hitch lift arm moves. The input to the transmission from the lift arm is non-movable which is probably why the bracket broke..

For 1) and 2) above I disassembled the lever and control assembly and cleaned rust and lubed and it seems to move much easier.

For 3) above, I am not sure what to do. I cannot move the input (feedback loop???) arm at all. I will try to get some pictures up if I can.

Anyone had this issue before? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Last edited:
   / New Holland TC 25 - 3 point hitch hard to operate
1624914858786.jpeg

1624914919767.jpeg

1) I removed the "E" -clip from the lever pivot and cleaned and lubed the shaft and it moves freely now.
2) I removed the control assembly and cleaned and lubed both ends and it now moves freely.
3) The bracket to attach the 3 point hitch lift arm to the feedback arm (my term, not sure what it is called) was broken...see picture above....I have flattened it and will either weld it back together or duplicate it with some angle iron.....BUT......the arm it should be attached to will not move and I suspect it will break again if reinstalled and the lever moved.

Any ideas where I should look to see why the feedback arm will not move?

1624915641399.jpeg

/ New Holland TC 25 - 3 point hitch hard to operate #6  
The part that is broken (#3) according to the diagram of the CONTROL VALVE, QUADRANT & LINKAGE L/DRAFT CONTROL (05D01) is Part # SBA340300090 & it is under $8 so I would probably just replace. You can look it up on Messick's or Partspring...

This should get you an exploded view of the linkage.... New Holland TC25 Hydraulic System 05D01 CONTROL VALVE, QUADRANT & LINKAGE L/DRAFT CONTROL

I can look to see if I have any documentation on it tomorrow

dlctcg

Thanks for the response and the info. I could not find anyone that sold parts for this tractor and it is my first repair on it for a friend. He said the lift lever had been pretty hard to operate for a long time.

Any idea what's inside the case connected to this arm? I have tried to move it but it will not budge. I am afraid to put too much pressure on it as I do not want to brake anything else. I am concerned that if I re-install the bracket it will just break again.

Possibly it has been broken for a long time and just froze up and a bit or pressure will break it free without breaking it....? The lift operates now but from the looks this is some kind of feed back/positioning arm.....maybe to keep it stable or stop it in the right position.....I see the parts list calls the broken bracket a STOP....?

Any info will be helpful. I have no user or repair manual.

Inquiring Minds Want to Know.

Thanks again
Charlie

Anybody have any idea how this thing works. I am thinking that the position of the lever sets the lift in motion and the movement of the lift arm moves #3 (feed back arm) and stops the lift when it hits the correct (set by lever) level.....????? Ideas?

/ New Holland TC 25 - 3 point hitch hard to operate #9  
Charlie... I didn't forget about checking on this for you.... :)

You are correct... That is the position control rod for the H.P.L. (3Pt Hitch lift arms)

I think page 3 of the PDF is what you are looking for.

Let me know if that helps... Dennis

Attachments

• TC40D Hydraulic Power Lift & Adjustment.pdf
    589.7 KB · Views: 140
Dennis,

Thanks for the info. I will need to read through it a few times more but it looks to be what I was thinking. I will need to repair/replace the broken parts (31) on the drawing on figure 2-43 from your attachment. I have been out of town and the repair has been on hold but I need it to be working so will get back at it this week. Thanks again and I will follow up when complete or if I have more questions. Charlie