New Holland TC40

/ New Holland TC40 #1  

paolin

Does anyone have any info on this tractor? It is a New Holland TC 40, 2005, with 72" New Holland bucket and a Woods 17" backhoe. It is in very good condiition and can be purchased through a dealer at auction. The hours of use are 194. I need an opinion on this tractor and what price should be paid.

/ New Holland TC40 #2  
We need to know if it is a TC40A or TC40DA model. It makes about a $2000 difference in price. In a bid sale, that's huge. Give us all the details you can for the best advice.

In general, you could expect that tractor to go for $16k-$20k.

/ New Holland TC40
The tractor is a TC40A.

/ New Holland TC40 #4  
The tractor is a TC40A.

I have a 2003 TC40S (12x12 somewhat syncronized gear transmission.) 980 hours.

It's been used hard and I don't have many complaints. One thing I would check on. The earlier 16LA FEL's don't have replaceable bushings on the lift and curl bucket pins. Nor does NH have a refurbishment kit/method to fix them when they get sloppy - which it will. Sadly, the pins are harder than the material around them, so you can't fix it by replacing pins.

Somewhere around 2005, they started building them with replacable bushings. $32 for a complete set. I would hesitate to buy it if it is pre-bushings model and you plan on doing any dirt work with the bucket. They would probably last a long time in snow.

There is a small thread on this somewhere.

Dave.

/ New Holland TC40
We need to know if it is a TC40A or TC40DA model. It makes about a $2000 difference in price. In a bid sale, that's huge. Give us all the details you can for the best advice.

In general, you could expect that tractor to go for $16k-$20k.

The tractor is a TC40A.

/ New Holland TC40 #6  
The tractor is a TC40A.

The tractor and loader originally sold for about $21k and the added backhoe about $5.5k. That puts it around $26k new. Even though the tractor is low hours, it no longer has a warranty, so that drops its value by $3k and $1k for the BH. Because the tractor is used. I'd take off another 10%, so that makes the total value I would offer at auction as: $26k -$3k -$1k -$2.6k = $19.4k. A good auction limit would be $19k, but if it were an open auction and I didn't have to submit a sealed bid, I'd start my bidding around $16k and hope to get the tractor for $17k or $18k. If I was buying for resale, I'd not go above $17k. That way I could offer the tractor for sale at $19,995 and have some wiggle room to deal with and still ensure myself a healthy profit.:)

/ New Holland TC40
Thanks so much for your response. I had figured around the 20K mark. There is another tractor that I am considering but it is not at an auction. What do you think a 2006 Kabota L39 with both backhoe and loader, is worth? This purchase would be through a dealer.

Gerry

/ New Holland TC40 #8  
The L39 should fetch between $24K to $29K depending on condition. If you plan on doing a lot of backhoe work, the L39 would be a much better choice than the TC40 with the woods backhoe.

/ New Holland TC40
The L39 should fetch between $24K to $29K depending on condition. If you plan on doing a lot of backhoe work, the L39 would be a much better choice than the TC40 with the woods backhoe.

I do plan on a lot of backhoe work. I feel the same way about the Kabota. I'll try to buy it on Tuesday. Thanks. Gerry

/ New Holland TC40
The tractor and loader originally sold for about $21k and the added backhoe about $5.5k. That puts it around $26k new. Even though the tractor is low hours, it no longer has a warranty, so that drops its value by $3k and $1k for the BH. Because the tractor is used. I'd take off another 10%, so that makes the total value I would offer at auction as: $26k -$3k -$1k -$2.6k = $19.4k. A good auction limit would be $19k, but if it were an open auction and I didn't have to submit a sealed bid, I'd start my bidding around $16k and hope to get the tractor for $17k or $18k. If I was buying for resale, I'd not go above $17k. That way I could offer the tractor for sale at $19,995 and have some wiggle room to deal with and still ensure myself a healthy profit.:)

Thanks for your reply. What do think about a 2006 Kabota with 122 hours and has a loader and backhoe? It is priced at $24,950.