New Home for My Kioti

/ New Home for My Kioti #1  

Gittyup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739
I got tired of using tarps and having to cover and uncover my tractor. So, I built a leanto. Pitch is shallow due to window on barn wall. But, we don't get huge snows, and I built it like a deck. So, I think it'll last longer than I'll need it.

Attachments

• PICT0168_1.JPG
    PICT0168_1.JPG
    386.3 KB · Views: 147
  • PICT0172_1.JPG
    PICT0172_1.JPG
    355.7 KB · Views: 188
  • PICT0175_1.JPG
    PICT0175_1.JPG
    376.8 KB · Views: 230
   / New Home for My Kioti #2  
Really really nice, you'll be able to store all sorts of stuff out of the weather.

Looks super strong.

/ New Home for My Kioti #3  
Nice job! With those 8x8's (right?) you could park the tractor on top of the roof. I can't quite see the roof beams, looks like a 4x12 header. . . what's the lumber dimensions and spacing of the rafters?

/ New Home for My Kioti
Rafters are 2 x 10 on 16" centers. Posts are 6 x 6 on 6' centers. Header is double 2 x 12. There are also 7 2 x8's, one for each post. The posts are bolted to the 2 x 8's and tied back horizontally to the barn. Posts are bolted using 4 half inch lag screw, 1.5" long to anchors set in 16" diameter concrete piers.

I'm not carpenter. But, I think it's good enough.

/ New Home for My Kioti #5  
Don't get me wrong, that's plenty of posts, rafters, 16" centers, That's a big strong structure. I'm jealous. Donna is tired of parking her newish car outside and I ought to build one on the side of the shop.

/ New Home for My Kioti #6  
RexB said:
Donna is tired of parking her newish car outside and I ought to build one on the side of the shop.
For her car or the tractor? :)

/ New Home for My Kioti
I'm spoiled too. I hate to deal with frost on the windshield. Car in the garage all winter. Truck gets to use it when it warm. Tractor just had to deal with the tarp..... as least until now.

Boy I sure do love my tractor though. Just move 7 yards of mulch in .... oh about 20 minutes. Sure beats the crap out of shoveling.

/ New Home for My Kioti #8  
Gittyup said:
I got tired of using tarps and having to cover and uncover my tractor. So, I built a leanto. Pitch is shallow due to window on barn wall. But, we don't get huge snows, and I built it like a deck. So, I think it'll last longer than I'll need it.

It looks GREAT... Good Job

/ New Home for My Kioti
Thanks Bear. I'm just glad to not have to fool with those tarps anymore.

When I was shopping, I almost bought the CK20 because it would fit in my barn. But, I wanted a bit more tractor, which then lead to a bigger truck, a bigger trailer, and the leanto. Didn't really need the bigger tractor. Just wanted it.... The price we pay for our toys!

/ New Home for My Kioti #10  
I put one of those temporary garage things up last fall to keep the tractor in. But with over 100 inches of snow this year, I need to rethink that for next year.

I think a structure like yours would be perfect.

My CK20 always impresses me on how much work it can do. I have to remind myself of that every time I visit the the Tractor store and see those shiny CK30's.