New House Build in WV

/ New House Build in WV
Interior doors were delivered today. I’d like to get couple installed this evening but we have a ballgame. Maybe afterwards.

I did finally get some help to move the big van it’s into the master bath. Had to take the top off, went pretty smoothly. Just need to finish hooking the plumbing up to it.

IMG_7993.jpg

/ New House Build in WV #432  
I am continually amazed by how you are able to do everything so very well on your house. You seem to know how to accomplish every task.

Great job and great thread.

MoKelly

/ New House Build in WV
I am continually amazed by how you are able to do everything so very well on your house. You seem to know how to accomplish every task.

Great job and great thread.

MoKelly

Appreciate the kind words. I just do what I have to to get things done, although it doesn’t happen as fast as I’d like it to. It certainly hasn’t been easy, and my body is paying for it. I’ve been fortunate enough to have help when I absolutely couldn’t do without it, but much as been done on my own or with just my wife and I. My father in law has also been a huge help, he has been here a great deal, but there are somethings, like flooring, that his back just can’t handle.

I am also fortunate to have a few friends that can help talk me through any task that I’m unsure of, even if they can’t be here in person.

Looking at lumber prices, I wouldn’t even be able to start this build if I had waited any longer.....

By the time we got home from the ball park it was 8:30, and I decided to just take it easy, get the kids in bed, and relax this evening. I’ll start putting doors in tomorrow evening.

I did get everything in place to get the first front porch post up before going to the game. Hoping to get those up over the next week as well.

/ New House Build in WV
Managed to get one porch post up this evening.

IMG_7999.jpg

After that, my wife and I installed the first door. Chose to start with a small out swing linen closet. Went pretty good, rest should go quicker. Will continue with doors tomorrow and hope to get them all up by the weekend.

IMG_7998.jpg

/ New House Build in WV #435  
How are you anchoring the post bottom?

/ New House Build in WV
How are you anchoring the post bottom?

I am using Simpson metal U shaped brackets. I fast the bracket to the concrete and then stand the post up and screw the post to the bracket. I spread the 2x10’s up top apart enough to slide the vinyl cover up to fasten the post to the bracket then slide it back down. Seemed to work well on the first one.

Last edited:
   / New House Build in WV #437  
Thanks. My turned posts have a base attached to the bottom and just sit on the porch, they are not made to be anchored. Never liked that, but has never been a problem., yet.

/ New House Build in WV #438  
Looking good, very nice work!

/ New House Build in WV
Kitchen cabinets were installed today. They were very efficient and did nice clean job. Very happy with how it turned out. They will be back next week to install the the counter top.

There is one cabinet without handles, it was wrong and will be replaced next week. It was supposed to be all drawers with one drawer being a cutlery drawer.

IMG_8011.jpg

/ New House Build in WV #440  
Why the different height wall cabinets? With my 8 ft ceiling all mine go to the ceiling.