new Idea Snowblower help

/ new Idea Snowblower help #1  

GGFARM

Tractor
IH706
I know nothing about tractors or machinery but am trying the best I can to help myself learn what I need immediately…so I have a lot of simple questions to help me as I try to take on what I have been left to deal with alone.
Coming into fall and I am looking at machinery I have for winter. There’s a new idea snowblower that has been hooked up to one of the IH706 tractors that were here before.
The attached photo is of a part that goes on the PTO (I’m guessing since it was located with this) but I don’t know what to call it to find a replacement since it’s cracked and broken. Is it a coupler? Any ideas? I also don’t know what size the snowblower is (does that matter) or how to tell if it’s 2 or 3 pt connection. Any kind response to help me would be appreciated. IMG_9148.jpegIMG_9149.jpeg

/ new Idea Snowblower help #2  
I can't say with authority, but it looks like the outer collar for a PTO shaft quick release. It may have surrounded the inner coupler with several locking balls to lock the inner coupler on the PTO shaft. You'd pull back the [broken] collar against a spring, to release the balls, and slide the coupler off the PTO shaft. It's probably common to many different PTO shaft couplers...

/ new Idea Snowblower help
I can't say with authority, but it looks like the outer collar for a PTO shaft quick release. It may have surrounded the inner coupler with several locking balls to lock the inner coupler on the PTO shaft. You'd pull back the [broken] collar against a spring, to release the balls, and slide the coupler off the PTO shaft. It's probably common to many different PTO shaft couplers...
Thank you so much!

/ new Idea Snowblower help #4  
Can you take a picture of the PTO shaft end that connects to the tractor. That would help identify or verify what or where those pieces came from.

/ new Idea Snowblower help #5  
As I think about it, the only way I can think of that a PTO coupler locking ring would be broken, would be if it had been on the snowblower end of the coupled driveshaft, and the shaft came off while the PTO was running, and flailed around with that ring hitting something. So, have a really good look at the rest of the driveshaft to make sure that it is otherwise safe. That said, replacing the entire driveshaft should not be expensive.