New Implement/Project - McConnel Swingtrim

/ New Implement/Project - McConnel Swingtrim #1  

Argonne

Gold Member
Tractor
JD2210, Ford 4400, Case IH 685, Terramite T7, JD 6x4 M-Gator
Picking it up on Saturday. Intermittently breathing into a paper bag till then. Look out hedges!

(It's a great big 3-pt hedge trimmer)

PICTURES

/ New Implement/Project - McConnel Swingtrim #2  
You must have a lot of hedges /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Hard to get a feel for the machine from the pics. Be sure to post some pics with it attached to your tractor and in use. I'm very curious /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New Implement/Project - McConnel Swingtrim #3  
Argonne,

Definately post some pics! How heavy is the unit and how much counterballancing will it need?

/ New Implement/Project - McConnel Swingtrim #4  
I would like to see the pictures as well. I was looking at 1 of thoses to cut some of the steeper banks that I have.

Jim

/ New Implement/Project - McConnel Swingtrim
Alamo imports and sells these things. HERE is their web page on the Swingtrim.

I believe the published weight is 220Kg, but I don't have a good handle yet on how the weight is distributed. Presumably most is down low, but I'm guessing that extending the boom 14 feet left or right will get exciting on a 2210. I don't intend to use it in that mode though, so I think that some suitcase weights in the front are all that I'll need (if anything).

Hedges, yes. We have 330 feet of honeysuckle hedge (we call them the "bushes from ****") that I have been engaged in a war with for 16 years. With the 2210/Swingtrim combination we will be "nuclear armed" and should prevail handily in the conflict.

Yes, I'll post updates. The first order of business will be figuring out how to store this thing off the tractor other than lying in a heap on the ground. That and making it I-Match compatible should be interesting.

/ New Implement/Project - McConnel Swingtrim #6  
What or how are you going to power it hydraulically. Off of the loader SCV? Tap into the Tranny?

/ New Implement/Project - McConnel Swingtrim #7  
Argonne,

Very interesting company and products. Keep us posted as to how it works out! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What or how are you going to power it hydraulically. Off of the loader SCV? Tap into the Tranny? )</font>

To be determined.

/ New Implement/Project - McConnel Swingtrim #9  
Boy oh boy, what a find! That would be ideal for pond trimming. Maybe trees too /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif If you can't figure out how to make it fit.........I'd be happy to stop by and pick it up. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you take another look at the Pictures link in the first post, I added a bunch of pics from various sources (I'm sure they won't mind) so you can get an idea of it's capabilities. Considering the audience here I was tempted to accompany the photo spread with some appropriate "stripper" music, but I resisted the temptation. Just hum if you feel the urge...