New injectors for my Long tractor. Found a deal I think

/ New injectors for my Long tractor. Found a deal I think #1  

knightrider955

Silver Member
Tractor
Long 560
i decided to replace all four injectors on my Long 560 diesel. I found brand new injectors for 50 dollars each. Sounded like a good deal so I bought them. Not sure if my tractors needs them or not but why not for that price. I thought parts were supposed to be expensive?

/ New injectors for my Long tractor. Found a deal I think
Yup it was a deal, most injectors are over 100 a piece. Romania played it smart keeping everything simple on these tractors. Bought a brand new tie rod awhile back. Cost me 19 bucks plus shipping. Would Kubota or johndeere sell new parts that cheap? I think not. thats half of why small time farmers cant make it now a days. Because the bank owns thier equipment for the next 40 yrs. The mark up on stuff now a days is down right sad. Kubota, new holland, john deere should be ashamed of themselves. Corporate greed is whats driving farming out of this country.

/ New injectors for my Long tractor. Found a deal I think #3  
Part prices have always been givin' me 'heartburn'! Bearings especially. Maybe because they're so easy to "cross-ref". You'll find that bearings for most applications can be had for about a third of what's requested from any given dealer, at your local bearing house! That said, if everyone sought the alternative replacements, your neighbor, or Son-In-Law might not have that Job, pension, 401k, hospitalization, at JD, MF, NH, or others, that Ching-Chong-Woo doesn't have at his place of employment in Beiging! No disrespect to him!!! It's just sad that we don't make anything anymore! The Unions in this County, while excellent in the day of the coal mines and heavy labor, 'wrote some checks' in the 40s and 50's, that our new work force is having problem cashing! Didn't want to 'morf' this thread into and us vs. them, but that's about the size of it! See the other thread about a guy that refuses to spend $170- dollars for a JD drawbar, and was directed to TSC! (Leaving 'Soap box') Thanks for letting me vent! ~Scotty

/ New injectors for my Long tractor. Found a deal I think #4  
Guess it doesn't matter what injectors cost for my Kubota, since it will likely never need them.

Cheap parts don't really matter if you are constantly replacing them because they are cheap...

/ New injectors for my Long tractor. Found a deal I think
Guess it doesn't matter what injectors cost for my Kubota, since it will likely never need them.

Cheap parts don't really matter if you are constantly replacing them because they are cheap...

I looked at a kubota once that had low compression. Price was right so i went to the kubota dealer to price a rebuild kit only to find out that parts for that motor dont exist!! Yet I can get a rebuild kit for my Romanian tractor for 600 bucks.

Scotty I couldnt agree with you more. Its true we dont make anything anymore.