new issue 4x20 diverter bad movement

/ new issue 4x20 diverter bad movement #1  

Cidertom

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4520, 2305 Aktive snow-trac ST4
Had a new issue crop up today. Only happened once, and it was before any "beverages". While using the front loader, I was picking up some logs with the 4-in-1 and stacking them. The logs were at the limit of the fel for total load. As I was picking up the biggest log, 'something didn't feel right', I looked back and found the rear blade tilt was near limit. I was able to trigger the diverter, restore the level, and then continue the lift. As I curled the bucket, the blade creaped, oh so slowly, in the same direction it would have if the diverter was triggered.

Got through with the work, tried to duplicate the problem but couldn't. Only thing I can come up with is a leaky valve o ring in the diverter that is being pushed by when the pressure is at limit. cycled it a few time ans still couldn't duplicate.

Anyone else with a diverter experienced the issue?

/ new issue 4x20 diverter bad movement #2  
Whoa... never had that happen or ever heard of something like that happening!

I've had "memory" issues with my diverter and forgot that the flow was switched to the rear or vise versa and the loader wouldn't move but the top cylinder sure did!!!

And I've had a glitch or two in cold weather and heavy gloves... switching with a fat finger when I didn't want to!

Is it possible that you inadvertly toggled the switch?

AKfish

/ new issue 4x20 diverter bad movement #3  
Haven't had any problems with my diverter valve but think your analysis is accurate. I would keep an eye out for this worsening as you would want to have this repaired under warranty.

/ new issue 4x20 diverter bad movement
Whoa... Is it possible that you inadvertly toggled the switch?

AKfish

Not this time. I had to put the switch to divert, level, then back to get FEL control. It was while I was curling the bucket that both happened. the bucket at 99% the rear at 1% by best guess.

Oh, and the red "idiot" light wasn't lit.

/ new issue 4x20 diverter bad movement
Haven't had any problems with my diverter valve but think your analysis is accurate. I would keep an eye out for this worsening as you would want to have this repaired under warranty.

Warranty is long gone. :(

If it hadn't been for the rear blade, I would never have noticed it. If I hadn't felt it, the digging in of end of the blade could have produced less than disireable resuluts. Know to check now, on the super lifts.