New Kioti DK50?

/ New Kioti DK50? #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
I'm looking at a new DK50... or rather, a new old DK50 with the Tier 3 engine. I am replacing my Kubota L3650, so I have something new with a cab, more power, and more loader capacity.

I haven't really had a horsepower issue with my 3650 and it has over 4200 hours on it. I use a 6' gear-driven tiller I'd like to use on the DK50, but would also like to run a disc this summer.

Do you think the DK50 is a sufficient step-up over what I have, to make up for the cab, hydrostatic drive, increased loader capacity, air conditioning, etc? It's 49 "gross horsepower" whereas my Kubota is only 39, however the Kubota is rated at 33 PTO HP, the Kioti only at 37 PTO HP. 3-point is 400 lbs more lift at 24" so I think I am fine there, I don't think I've ever maxed out my 3-point to begin with.

/ New Kioti DK50? #2  
I don't know that you'll notice the HP all that much... My buddies L3540 isn't noticeably less powerful than my Massey at 47 HP. Both are hydro. The only time I really noticed a difference was mine handles pushing a HD snow box better.

But I think you'll notice the loader, and the extra machine weight.

The DK50 is a popular machine and has a good following in the Kioti forums. It's nearly as good as my Massey ! ;-)

/ New Kioti DK50? #3  
I've never used an L3650, but I have a DK50SE-HST Cab that I'm very happy with. The main thing you will notice is the cab. It will spoil you. Seriously.

The DK50SE-HST weighs about 1,500 pounds more than an L3650, so you will be able to use more of the HP in ground engaging tasks, such as loader work or pulling a box blade or disc harrow.

I use a 72" rotary mower with mine and it handles it easily.

Overall, the DK50 is just a larger, more capable tractor.