New Kubota M7060 justified

/ New Kubota M7060 justified #21  
That's a lovely machine, I'm sure you'll have many happy years together!

I wish I could justify something newer but alas my property doesn't warrant it. No matter, my old Yanmar is still a very useful tool.

/ New Kubota M7060 justified #22  
Congrats on the new Kubota. I guarantee you will love it. I would recommend you NOT baby your new baby to break it in. Kubota told me to use it like I would in normal use, and that going easy on it would not break it in properly. They cautioned me especially to not let it idle long periods of time during the first few hours, that it was best to run it hard and break it in like it was going to be used the rest of it's life. It sure worked for me. I owned an M9000HD for 19 years, selling it with the farm when I retired. I wish every day I had it back. I bought it new with the loader in 2003 to use on my poultry farm. I needed 90hp to run the PTO backup generator. I was never sorry I got the extra hp, or that I bought the Kubota. The ONLY problem I had in all those years was on the day it was delivered. I could not shift into 2nd gear without coming to a complete stop. The dealer immediately came and got it, and brought it back 5 days later. The factory had failed to install the synchronizer for the 2nd gear. But, all I did to that tractor in the next 19 years was change the engine oil and the hydraulic fluid, and of course the filters, according to the mfg recommendations. Oh, I had to put 1 new battery in it over those years as well. We had a bad ice storm in 2007 and power was out for 12 and a half days. I put exactly 300 hours on it running the PTO generator. I shut it down at 150 hours to change engine oil and replace a clogging fuel filter (we were hauling diesel in anything we could find that didn't leak). It burned 1.75 gallons of fuel per hour and other than losing a little power when the fuel filter started clogging, it never missed a lick. Like I said, you will love that tractor if you just take care of it. Change the fluid and filters and do regular maintenance.

Your avatar shows a Ford. Is that a 3000? I'm currently overhauling and fully restoring my '65 Ford 3000 diesel. I've owned it for 42 years, and like the Kubota, it has been a failure-proof workhorse. It was just time to give it a restoration to factory new specs. Change those fluids and filters and these tractors will last a lifetime.

Last edited:
   / New Kubota M7060 justified
Congrats on the new Kubota. I guarantee you will love it. I would recommend you NOT baby your new baby to break it in. Kubota told me to use it like I would in normal use, and that going easy on it would not break it in properly. They cautioned me especially to not let it idle long periods of time during the first few hours, that it was best to run it hard and break it in like it was going to be used the rest of it's life. It sure worked for me. I owned an M9000HD for 19 years, selling it with the farm when I retired. I wish every day I had it back. I bought it new with the loader in 2003 to use on my poultry farm. I needed 90hp to run the PTO backup generator. I was never sorry I got the extra hp, or that I bought the Kubota. The ONLY problem I had in all those years was on the day it was delivered. I could not shift into 2nd gear without coming to a complete stop. The dealer immediately came and got it, and brought it back 5 days later. The factory had failed to install the synchronizer for the 2nd gear. But, all I did to that tractor in the next 19 years was change the engine oil and the hydraulic fluid, and of course the filters, according to the mfg recommendations. Oh, I had to put 1 new battery in it over those years as well. We had a bad ice storm in 2007 and power was out for 12 and a half days. I put exactly 300 hours on it running the PTO generator. I shut it down at 150 hours to change engine oil and replace a clogging fuel filter (we were hauling diesel in anything we could find that didn't leak). It burned 1.75 gallons of fuel per hour and other than losing a little power when the fuel filter started clogging, it never missed a lick. Like I said, you will love that tractor if you just take care of it. Change the fluid and filters and do regular maintenance.

Your avatar shows a Ford. Is that a 3000? I'm currently overhauling and fully restoring my '65 Ford 3000 diesel. I've owned it for 42 years, and like the Kubota, it has been a failure-proof workhorse. It was just time to give it a restoration to factory new specs. Change those fluids and filters and these tractors will last a lifetime.

So I was wondering about the break-in. I’ve always heard to run stuff hard right out of the gate but most cars say go easy first 1000 miles and my [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] manual says go easy and no high engine speeds for first 50 hours which seems like a lot to me. So what’s to do? Lol

I’m amazed at how smooth it drives and runs. It’s so easy to operate and you can feel the quality as you crank it and use all the controls. Even the loader and rear 3pt lift are super smooth and very accurate. Just a great machine overall.

I do have Fords as well and over the years have bought a bunch of them selling some as well. Right now I have a 4600SU, (2) 3910’s both with less than 800 hours and a 2810 with 450 hours and my great grandfathers Golden Jubilee that we fully restored in 2008. As you can see I have a tractor fedish. Lol