New L2501

/ New L2501 #12  
Most versatile tractor I’ve ever owned. Only way I would sell it, would be to have an L2502
I agree. I’m on the list at two of our local dealers but, I’m terrified of what the price will be.

It’s very possible I’ll be holding on the the L2501 for a long time. We’ll see.

Mike

/ New L2501
Thank you. I didn't mention it but this is a HST version. I will definitely look into the additional guards and ballast of some sort. I can see where it would be easy to ram something through the grill. Also I found out about the need for some ballast. I was trying to move a pallet with some limestone blocks and ended up removing about half of them and making it two loads. It still wanted to raise the rear tires.

Attachments

• IMG_3294 2.jpeg
    IMG_3294 2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 129
   / New L2501 #14  
If you have a gravel driveway, a landscape box on the 3pt would to be useful to maintain your drive and help with the ballast situation without resorting to fluid/beetjuice in the tires.

/ New L2501
Fortunately I paved my driveway while I was still in construction. Although I can probably find a use for a box blade. I want a tiller but would it be too heavy to leave on, right?
One thing I have discovered just now is that the engine appears to be the same one that's in my Onan (HP, displacement, bore, and stroke). I'm hoping that some of the filters are the same. I can't seem to find filter part numbers in the printed owner's manual. Is there a online source for that information

/ New L2501 #16  
Use this and then just enter you model #.

/ New L2501 #17  
I wouldn't buy a landscape box without having specific use for it. Sorry to say I've never had a tiller on the 3pt to be able to offer any useful perspective about the weight or the possibility of damaging tines on it using it as a counterweight.

/ New L2501
Thank you for that link. I got all the filter numbers on my spreadsheet. I cross-referenced them and sure enough the oil filter is the same as my Onan. The air filter is the same as my Scag ZTR only the Scag has an additional 2nd stage inner filter.
OIL ; Kubota HH164-32430 = Fleetguard (Cummins) LF3682 = Onan 122-0893 = Baldwin B7152 = WIX 51068
AIR ; Kubota TA040-93230 = Scag 841497 = Baldwin RS 3704 = Fleetguard AF 25551 = WIX 46438
I would use any one of those filters and consider them equal to the OEM filters.

/ New L2501 #19  
I wouldn't buy a landscape box without having specific use for it. Sorry to say I've never had a tiller on the 3pt to be able to offer any useful perspective about the weight or the possibility of damaging tines on it using it as a counterweight.
When we only had the one little Yanmar tractor and FEL, we bought an inexpensive small 4 foot wide landscape box mostly for use as a tool carrier and portable workbench. The idea was to find something small, strong, and tucked in close

We drilled it and put some 2x4s on the bottom to support a piece of plywood so it could carry tools or weights. For the top I hinged a 3/4" piece of plywood for a portable work bench.
It could probably still be used as a box blade, but was better as a counterweight and work surface.

/ New L2501 #20  
When we only had the one little Yanmar tractor and FEL, we bought an inexpensive small 4 foot wide landscape box mostly for use as a tool carrier and portable workbench. The idea was to find something small, strong, and tucked in close

We drilled it and put some 2x4s on the bottom to support a piece of plywood so it could carry tools or weights. For the top I hinged a 3/4" piece of plywood for a portable work bench.
It could probably still be used as a box blade, but was better as a counterweight and work surface.

Smart modification of making the box more useful to you.

Rather than try to find room somewhere to put a chainsaw carrier on my L2501, I added one to my landscape box, along with an open wooden box on the top for carrying a pole saw, chains, gas, oil, etc. Being on top of the landscape box, the wooden box doesn't interfere with using the landscape box as a landscape box.