New L4701 (3 hours)

/ New L4701 (3 hours) #1  

Ksville

Tractor
Kubota
Intermitant problem, delivered with what was explained as a pinched fuel line upstream of the water bowl, tractor would starve for fuel and shut down, repaired by service.
Picked up tractor and it is intermitantly balking when the forward pedal is moved. At one point with the bucket up. Manual throttle set at 1800 rpm, when the forward pedal was pushed the rpm would drop immediately towards -0- and the tractor would not un track. The gear lever was in the L position. The tractor was on level ground and did reverse with the reverse petal. When I went to my trailer it loaded ok.
Service manager called and said the mechanic had checked it and I needed to talk to the mechanic about what he thinks might be the problem.
Any suggestion about what is the issue? Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Ken

/ New L4701 (3 hours) #2  
Is this tractor an HST, and is it turbocharged?

/ New L4701 (3 hours)
It is HST, don't know if it is turbocharged. Didn't notice a turbine under the hood. The turning brakes are on the left floor, The trans gearing lever is L-M-H. Sorry I don't know if it turbo

/ New L4701 (3 hours) #4  
HST takes some power to operate efficiently and if it is a turbocharged engine it requires more RPMs to effectively produce power. If the brake is abruptly applied at low power it could cause it to stall and die. This may not be what happened in your situation, but it is a possibility. The turbocharger is basically ineffective below 2000 RPMs on my MX.

/ New L4701 (3 hours) #5  
L4701's are not turbocharged to the best of my knowledge.

/ New L4701 (3 hours)
Parking brake off, bucket up, will pull down the tractor rpm when the forward is pressed and will not move forward

/ New L4701 (3 hours)
I drive a D6D hydrostatic, I run it full throttle (no Tac) what is the recommended RPM to run the L4701 when working thetractor?

/ New L4701 (3 hours) #9  
I drive a D6D hydrostatic, I run it full throttle (no Tac) what is the recommended RPM to run the L4701 when working thetractor?

Depends on the application. 1800 is at the low end, I'd think, but definitely fine for moving the tractor around or pulling small trailers, etc. If you're working it, put it closer to PTO RPM.

/ New L4701 (3 hours)
The issue was physics,seems my 6'2" 245 lb bag of guts was insufficient to hold down the under seat kill switch. Minor mod and all is well
Thanks for the replies
Ken