new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours

/ new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours #1  

scottfarm1

Tractor
kubota L4701
Just bought a new L4701 2 wheel drive and at 5 hours the regeneration light came on and noticed reduced power with a different exhaust note. It took about 25 minutes for the regeneration and the light went out. I have run it at 2000 and above every time I have used it like the book says and no idling. Getting a little worried about all this new fangled crap. Kinda missing my 1998 Massey Ferguson 231 that I traded in. This thing doesn't even have a leveling box on it. I like the tractor especially the push button pto but these emissions have me a little worried.

/ new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours #2  
If it starts needing to regenerate at 4-5 hours, it is time for a parked regeneration. Mine did it too, but hasn't lately after.

/ new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours #3  
How many hours were on it when you got it home, wonder if it had a lot of startups at the dealer before you received it. A bunch of startups and no run time could explain the need for a regen this soon.

/ new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours #4  
No worries yet. See if it happens a 2nd time before 20 hours I'd probably have it looked at then.

/ new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours
How many hours were on it when you got it home, wonder if it had a lot of startups at the dealer before you received it. A bunch of startups and no run time could explain the need for a regen this soon.

It had .7 tenth of an hour when I got it home. The regen happened at 5 hours. If it gets stopped up that often something seems wrong.

Last edited:
   / new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours #6  
I brought mine home with a handful of hours on the ticker. It regen'd on me at 9.3 hours. I was mowing with the rotary when it started and I could smell it but didn't notice the drop in the power. I just kept mowing and noticed the lights were off.

I was a little nervous about it, too, as I was told by the dealer it would probably happen round 20 hours. The tractor got a bunch of extended idling while unloading all the stuff I got with the tractor so that might have something to do with it. I've since learned to just turn it off when I'm done so I don't "build up" particulate.

/ new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours #7  
Just bought a new L4701 2 wheel drive and at 5 hours the regeneration light came on and noticed reduced power with a different exhaust note. It took about 25 minutes for the regeneration and the light went out. I have run it at 2000 and above every time I have used it like the book says and no idling. Getting a little worried about all this new fangled crap. Kinda missing my 1998 Massey Ferguson 231 that I traded in. This thing doesn't even have a leveling box on it. I like the tractor especially the push button pto but these emissions have me a little worried.

Mine has about 10.5 hours with no regeneration yet. If it doesn't affect the performance, I wouldn't be worried about it. Honestly, this tractor is fairly quiet and clean running compared to most diesels I have been around, so I'm not complaining about Tier 4 as long as it works.

/ new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours #8  
19hrs it had the first regen. Had the next one at 36hrs.
There was a lot more loader work on the second one.

I wouldn't be concerned unless the next one was at like 10 or 12 hours.
Get top tier diesel and spike the tank with some white bottle PS if you wanna be safe.

/ new L4701 regeneration at 5 Hours #9  
I used to get excited about tractors, now with the EPA baloney, I could care less. Our town purchased a new, $100,000 diesel dump truck to plow snow with. A worker told me that if the truck is shut off for more than 10 minutes in the cold, it won't restart. I'm hoping President ***** cleans house at the EPA and brings back the diesel.