New M62 Finally On The Farm!

/ New M62 Finally On The Farm! #11  
Itr's easier to get forgiveness than permission - just add the cab now and deal with it later...

/ New M62 Finally On The Farm! #12  
M-62 is a very nice tractor. When at dealership recently, I inquired the price, the unit was a cab model, no A/C. It was about $10k more than a JCB 3CX compact at 74 hp. JCB has no 3 point capability, but a robust TLB, the cab has A-C. Greater lift and 14 ft hoe and 4x4 as well.

/ New M62 Finally On The Farm!
I also looked at the JCB. Very nice machine but, since it didn't have a three point or PTO, I would have to keep another tractor for mowing. Plus the JCB was too heavy to transport with a 3/4 pickup. The M62 fits perfectly on my 20' trailer and is legal with my F250. I was never interested in a cab model but from what I remember the Kubota cab option was VERY expensive on the M62.

/ New M62 Finally On The Farm! #14  
Understand your concern. But if I buy a JCB, I will mount a hydro driven rotary mower on FEL. I already have a 6 ft hydro powered finish mower
W/ SSQA coupler. I might even mount a quick excavator coupler to a 4 ft rotary cutter, convert to hydro power, much less expensive than you might suspect, and use the BH to trim under and around trees in A/C comfort. The four wheel steer of JCB, very nimble tractor.

Trailering is a valid point, I do not need to travel far, but JCB has 25 mph road speed. Also has sideshift hoe, digs close to buildings. A negative point, no tilt wheel. And no DPF,

/ New M62 Finally On The Farm! #15  
   / New M62 Finally On The Farm! #16  
Understand your concern. But if I buy a JCB, I will mount a hydro driven rotary mower on FEL. I already have a 6 ft hydro powered finish mower
W/ SSQA coupler. I might even mount a quick excavator coupler to a 4 ft rotary cutter, convert to hydro power, much less expensive than you might suspect, and use the BH to trim under and around trees in A/C comfort. The four wheel steer of JCB, very nimble tractor.

Trailering is a valid point, I do not need to travel far, but JCB has 25 mph road speed. Also has sideshift hoe, digs close to buildings. A negative point, no tilt wheel. And no DPF,

When we bought the Kubota M59, the JCB 3X was also on the short list along with the JD & Cat. The brochure on the JCB was awesome. That JCB brochure was great; it said all the things I wanted to hear. Finally someone was building the machine with all the features I wanted to see, and some I hadn't even thought about. I was pretty much sold. I've still got that brochure somewhere.

But a month later unfortunately I hadn't gotten any straight responses from either from the JCB company or from the local place that claimed to have the dealership. And I had tried several times. The literature said it was the right machine, so while waiting I ended up talking to locals who owned JCBs - basically rental yards & a couple of small operators. I rented one for a few days and it was OK, but not great - not quite to my expectations and also leaky. I also talked quite a bit to the local mechanics who serviced them.

We ended up buying a used JD and a Kubota instead of the JCB. But If I could have found a JCB that worked as good as their brochure claimed we would have bought it.
I'd still like to try a good one someday.
rScotty

/ New M62 Finally On The Farm! #17  
I was in the same boat and was looking for the JCB with 3PH. They stopped importing them here unfortunately.

One of the negatives I've heard is that JCB parts are hard to get and very expensive here.

I could have picked up a brand new Yanmar CBL40 that had been sitting at the dealer for several years for a really good price but the 3PH was weak in comparison and the M59 had way better loader specs.

I'm not regretting the M59. I just wish Kubota would include better components like a decent seat, more hydraulic flow and a cab. They charge a premium price and then give you a plastic seat without suspension that makes you feel like you will fall off at any moment.

/ New M62 Finally On The Farm! #18  
I was in the same boat and was looking for the JCB with 3PH. They stopped importing them here unfortunately.

One of the negatives I've heard is that JCB parts are hard to get and very expensive here.

I could have picked up a brand new Yanmar CBL40 that had been sitting at the dealer for several years for a really good price but the 3PH was weak in comparison and the M59 had way better loader specs.

I'm not regretting the M59. I just wish Kubota would include better components like a decent seat, more hydraulic flow and a cab. They charge a premium price and then give you a plastic seat without suspension that makes you feel like you will fall off at any moment.

We originally went to look at Yanmar's TLB, and then switched over to look at a new JD110, only to find out both companies weren't going to make them anymore. Then when the JCB search didn't work out for us, we were feeling kinda passed over by the midsize TLB manufacturers. That left us thinking of buying a new ag tractor and adding a backhoe, even though we had been down that route before and knew it was a compromise all the way.

At that time, I had never even been to a Kubota dealer. I thought of Kubota as a mowing machine for the suburbs. It never occurred to me that they made heavier units.

Then one day we stopped by the Kubota shop purely by accident. And I mean by accident; my wife and I got to talking and had overshot our turnoff to the JD dealer where we planned to price out a 60hp ag tractor, loader, and hoe. That wrong turn lead past the Kubota dealer and as we passed I saw an ugly orange TLB (the M59) and thought, "Well, at least we can take a look. And maybe I can point out why these lightweight imports just aren't the machines that we want."

We've had the M59 10 good years now. It's a keeper.
I hear you on the seat. All of the competition offers a sprung and damped air ride seat. The Kubota seat makes the tractor feel cheap. Plus I'm 6' and 190 lbs - pretty much average by this continent's standards - and the seat doesn't adjust far enough to fit. Here's what I did to help out. I raised mine and set it back a bit. Rubber cushions and some wood spacers.
But if someone would just offer a better riding seat expressly for the M59/62 I'd get one.
rScotty

Attachments

• Parts to raise seat.JPG
    Parts to raise seat.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 134
  • seat riser installed.JPG
    seat riser installed.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 134
   / New M62 Finally On The Farm! #19  
Outstanding tractor and young man you have there friend! I have been seriously considering a TLB myself for our mountain property. I really like the M62 for the size and turbo. My dilemma is how to deal with the winter and no cab. Thinking I might just wait until the storm clears to start plowing, or get a smaller cab only Skid steer/tractor to do the snow work. I love the M62!

I have the Tiny L39 TLB and use a soft cab in the winter. Compared to no cab, a soft cab is heaven. As I have an old excavator for the bigger stuff, I use the L39's hoe for all the smaller stuff. The L39 hoe is no wimp. TLB's are way expensive, but great Swiss army knife machines.

Attachments

• 20180520_163049 (768x1280).jpg
    20180520_163049 (768x1280).jpg
    639.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 20180520_163113 (1280x810).jpg
    20180520_163113 (1280x810).jpg
    858.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 20180520_163136 (814x1280).jpg
    20180520_163136 (814x1280).jpg
    814.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 20180520_163231 (1280x768).jpg
    20180520_163231 (1280x768).jpg
    861 KB · Views: 191
  • 20180121_L39 Blow Fixed(1) (1280x840).jpg
    20180121_L39 Blow Fixed(1) (1280x840).jpg
    797.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 20180520_163023 (884x1280).jpg
    20180520_163023 (884x1280).jpg
    909.8 KB · Views: 167
   / New M62 Finally On The Farm! #20  
You're never gonna regret, the M62... I only want for an oem cab with heat/air, but the M62 never stops amazing me with it abilities.

EE8C0087-BB9A-4F5D-9BD3-6BFD0A0E420C.jpeg

A1818B22-347B-4260-83E5-0149840E2EEF.jpeg

Wormwood

Last edited: