New Max 26XL here

/ New Max 26XL here #1  

nrosario

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320PCC
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a new, to me, Max 26XL and wanted to share some written words on my experience so far.

I took my time for this purchase, tested multiple brands/models, created spreadsheet taking into account my primary and secondary needs, and also the WANTS.

Narrow it down to a Kubota B2601, Kioti CK2510 and Branson 2510h....At the end got the Mahindra... Lol :laughing:

Navigating the web found this REPO Max 26XL TBL Shuttle with only 43hrs (50 at time of purchase), negotiated the whole thing for $14,500.00 OTD, even if it was a 8x8 trans I had to do it.

Drove for 5 hours with my Neighbor, who is an amazing friend and helping hand, did an complete inspection with check list and everything, found couple of surprises:

Busted front fender mesh
Missing top link
Busted rear lights

It showed signs of abuse and needing full maintenance.

Took it home, but before leaving the dealer I took all the filters I needed to do the 50 hrs maintenance.

The next day went to tractor supply and bought all the necessary fluids (hydraulic, oil, diff gear oil, etc), all good quality stuff.
I also got a grease gun and couple of tubes.

It took me the entire morning and part of the afternoon to finish. I took my time and please understand it is my first tractor.

Time to have fun and test the machine.
Drove it around and tried every function again.
Went to my back yard and took care of a "Bougainvillea" with stump and all, it went down in 7 minutes, 10 more minutes and the stump was out.
Then decided to take care of a larger stump I had on my backyard as well. That took longer than what I thought, see pictures.

Things that I like:
It works, it just starts and gets the job done.
Very nimble and tight turning radius.
Is a Mitsubishi.

Things that could be better:
Seat swivel mechanism, is a pain to flip that seat in order to transition from FEL to Backhoe.
Weak Backhoe horizontal swivel (left-right)
FEL could use more omph when dealing with sand/gravel and trying to go deep and curl the bucket, I still can't get a full bucket. Will add a Piranha tooth bar and see if that helps.
Front lights are toy lights

In terms of hydraulic control precision, they could have done a better job. I have to admit the Kubota and Kioti are better at this but with time I know I could learn how to operate so it doesn't look that I'm trying to break the machine every now and then.

Here are some things I'm planing to get as my pocket permits:

Piranha Tooth Bar
BH Mechanical Thump
Finis Mower
Box Blade
R. Tiller
Grapple and Third Function
Forks
***I better stop now***

Thank you the entire TBN community for the help and information.

20181125_123339.jpg20181125_120903.jpg20181125_120837.jpg20181125_092447.jpg

/ New Max 26XL here #2  
Congrats on getting the tractor. Sounds like you've done your homework. You'll get used to the controls and they will seem easier. Don't forget that these compacts aren't the big full size units out there. They'll get the job done, just not as fast. Have fun and enjoy your new toy...I mean tool.:laughing:

/ New Max 26XL here
Thank you for your reply LS mt125 owner

And I agree with you, when doing heavy work we have to be patient with the machine and also smart on how we are using it to get the end results we are looking for.
... Some say that the Backhoe that comes with these small tractors is a glorified shovel, I'm in entire disagreement with that idea, proof is on the pudding...

Thanks

/ New Max 26XL here #4  
I’ll take that glorified shovel any day over an axe sawzall pick axe and shovel. I’ve removed big stumps with small tractors you just have to be patient and take your time.

/ New Max 26XL here #5  
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a new, to me, Max 26XL and wanted to share some written words on my experience so far.

I took my time for this purchase, tested multiple brands/models, created spreadsheet taking into account my primary and secondary needs, and also the WANTS.

Narrow it down to a Kubota B2601, Kioti CK2510 and Branson 2510h....At the end got the Mahindra... Lol :laughing:

Navigating the web found this REPO Max 26XL TBL Shuttle with only 43hrs (50 at time of purchase), negotiated the whole thing for $14,500.00 OTD, even if it was a 8x8 trans I had to do it.

Drove for 5 hours with my Neighbor, who is an amazing friend and helping hand, did an complete inspection with check list and everything, found couple of surprises:

Busted front fender mesh
Missing top link
Busted rear lights

It showed signs of abuse and needing full maintenance.

Took it home, but before leaving the dealer I took all the filters I needed to do the 50 hrs maintenance.

The next day went to tractor supply and bought all the necessary fluids (hydraulic, oil, diff gear oil, etc), all good quality stuff.
I also got a grease gun and couple of tubes.

It took me the entire morning and part of the afternoon to finish. I took my time and please understand it is my first tractor.

Time to have fun and test the machine.
Drove it around and tried every function again.
Went to my back yard and took care of a "Bougainvillea" with stump and all, it went down in 7 minutes, 10 more minutes and the stump was out.
Then decided to take care of a larger stump I had on my backyard as well. That took longer than what I thought, see pictures.

Things that I like:
It works, it just starts and gets the job done.
Very nimble and tight turning radius.
Is a Mitsubishi.

Seat swivel mechanism, is a pain to flip that seat in order to transition from FEL to Backhoe.
Weak Backhoe horizontal swivel (left-right)
FEL could use more omph when dealing with sand/gravel and trying to go deep and curl the bucket, I still can't get a full bucket. Will add a Piranha tooth bar and see if that helps.
Front lights are toy lights

In terms of hydraulic control precision, they could have done a better job. I have to admit the Kubota and Kioti are better at this but with time I know I could learn how to operate so it doesn't look that I'm trying to break the machine every now and then.

Here are some things I'm planing to get as my pocket permits:

Piranha Tooth Bar
BH Mechanical Thump
Finis Mower
Box Blade
R. Tiller
Grapple and Third Function
Forks
***I better stop now***

Thank you the entire TBN community for the help and information.
"Navigating the web found this REPO Max 26XL TBL Shuttle with only 43hrs (50 at time of purchase), negotiated the whole thing for $14,500.00 OTD, even if it was a 8x8 trans I had to do it."
Atta boy!, proud of you.

"Seat swivel mechanism, is a pain to flip that seat in order to transition from FEL to Backhoe."
They got to cut costs!
"Weak Backhoe horizontal swivel (left-right)"
Check relief valve pressure.
"FEL could use more omph when dealing with sand/gravel and trying to go deep and curl the bucket, I still can't get a full bucket. Will add a Piranha tooth bar and see if that helps.
Front lights are toy lights."
Max is tops in FEL Lift, but the curl strength Sucks.
I took care of this problem, see:
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...loader-curl-possible-solution.html?highlight=

Good Luck

"In terms of hydraulic control precision, they could have done a better job. I have to admit the Kubota and Kioti are better at this but with time I know I could learn how to operate so it doesn't look that I'm trying to break the machine every now and then."

Gee, you noticed too?
They got to cut costs!
then again, you will pay $30k Plus for a nice smooth Kubota B26TLB.

PS the 8 x 8 shuttle is great for a geared tractor. 2 speed HST leaves a lot to be desired.

Attachments

• 20170626_Max & Rock4(1280x729).jpg
    20170626_Max & Rock4(1280x729).jpg
    581.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 20180507_185639.jpg
    20180507_185639.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 160
  • 20170710_193009 (1280x768).jpg
    20170710_193009 (1280x768).jpg
    720.9 KB · Views: 138
  • P1030864.JPG
    P1030864.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 169
   / New Max 26XL here
Nice it seems you did extensive work on your MAx 28XL,
I see how that would be a great benefit by swapping those cylinders, the only problem is that there is no by vs build solution.
I don't have the means to do that fabrication.