New Member Of the Grey Market Club

/ New Member Of the Grey Market Club
I had a grey market Yanmar similar to yours. It was a very good machine. It was 15-20 years old when I bought it but it looked like new. I put a lot of trouble free hours on it. I used it for about 15 years and when I needed a bigger tractor I sold it to a neighbor who is still using it. In the States you don't see any newly imported grey market tractors. There is a dealer in mid-State who was selling grey market tractors that are Vietnamese re-furbished tractors using junkyard parts. It is a pretty sizable risk to buy one of those.
I did my research and ultimately used Arizona Tractor in Chandler AZ. Spent some time looking at Tractors from the place in Ellensburg Wa. and another place in Oregon. Spoke to Fredricks also but when I told him Oregon shipping the conversation cooled and basically told me I was on my own and was looking at 3K to 4K. I ultimately kicked in $640 for shipping the one I got from AZ.

/ New Member Of the Grey Market Club #12  
... In the States you don't see any newly imported grey market tractors.

Ah, the UTDA dealer network is still strong along with the YNM dealers across America. The Gray Market for Yanmars is still going really well.

Check out these links ...
Yanmar Tractors — Fredricks Importing

And in the EU ...

UTDA dealer network covers the south and south east . . .

UTDA - YANMAR TRACTORS BY FREDRICKS IMPORTING
110 Smithson Drive Hartselle, AL 35640
Yanmar YM/F/FX Tractors 256-751-3555
info@fredricksimporting.com
http://www.fredricksimporting.com

UTDA - Spalding Tractors & Equipment
4299 N Expressway
Hampton, GA 30228
Yanmar YM/F/FX Tractors 678-447-1802
https://spalding-tractors-equipment.business.site

UTDA - MEI Farm Equipment
952 Elbert Street
Elberton, GA 30635
Yanmar YM/F/FX Tractors 706-283-5998

UTDA - Elliott Farm Equipment
4911 Cleveland Hwy
Gainesville, GA 30506
Yanmar YM/F/FX Tractors 770-983-3533

UTDA - Stan's Equipment Center
1025 Main Street N
Pine City, MN 55063
Yanmar YM/F/FX and NEW Tractors 320-629-6193
www.stansequip.com

Hundreds of Gray Market Yanmars ready to be put to action.

Fredricks-lawn-inventory-lg.jpg

Last edited:
Are there any marking on the ROPs for a manufacture? If so, who?

And who made the canopy? It has a great look.
Went over the Rops for labels and only found residual adhesive from a sticker but did find a label on the top and it was manufactured by Firebird Fiberglass, see the link.

Well finished setting up the Flail mower last night and took her out for a test ride this morning and holy crap that thing is unstoppable and just chewed thru anything it ran over.

/ New Member Of the Grey Market Club #15  
I had a grey market Yanmar similar to yours. It was a very good machine. It was 15-20 years old when I bought it but it looked like new. I put a lot of trouble free hours on it. I used it for about 15 years and when I needed a bigger tractor I sold it to a neighbor who is still using it. In the States you don't see any newly imported grey market tractors. There is a dealer in mid-State who was selling grey market tractors that are Vietnamese re-furbished tractors using junkyard parts. It is a pretty sizable risk to buy one of those.

Slight mis-info here.
Fredrick’s in AL is the authorized importer for Yanmar grey tractors. There are a few places that have partnered with Fredrick’s that also sell recently imported tractors in the US.
Of course the YM series tractors are 30+ year old machines so supply of these is getting limited.
Yes there are VN machines that still show up from time to time. I know that several years ago, VN machines had such a bad rep that it was advised to avoid them with a passion.
There are many many many YM tractors that have been imported, even though they are 40 years old for the homeowner/small acreage owner, they are very functional machines, and best of all not loaded down with the sensor/computer control so that mechanically inclined owners can perform necessary mechanical work with purchasing frequently expensive computer software.

Slight mis-info here.
Fredrick’s in AL is the authorized importer for Yanmar grey tractors. There are a few places that have partnered with Fredrick’s that also sell recently imported tractors in the US.
Of course the YM series tractors are 30+ year old machines so supply of these is getting limited.
Yes there are VN machines that still show up from time to time. I know that several years ago, VN machines had such a bad rep that it was advised to avoid them with a passion.
There are many many many YM tractors that have been imported, even though they are 40 years old for the homeowner/small acreage owner, they are very functional machines, and best of all not loaded down with the sensor/computer control so that mechanically inclined owners can perform necessary mechanical work with purchasing frequently expensive computer software.
"best of all not loaded down with the sensor/computer control so that mechanically inclined owners can perform necessary mechanical work"

Bingo, this is why I personally go this route. Nothing fun about having a modern motorized vehicle go into limp mode.

/ New Member Of the Grey Market Club #17  
Went over the Rops for labels and only found residual adhesive from a sticker but did find a label on the top and it was manufactured by Firebird Fiberglass, see the link.

Great link! Hit the gallery tab at the top. Scroll thru. They show your their molds and operations. Very nicely done. I'm adding these to my parts supplier list.