/ New Member #1  

Grey Tractor Dude

Tractor
Kubota L 1500 DT
Glad to join you all. I recently bought my second tractor after not owning one for 30 years. I bought an old Kubota L175 (1973-1978). I must be partial to orange. My first tractor was an old tricycle gear Allis Chalmers with a hand crank starter. I learned after purchasing my L175 that it's what is called a "grey" market tractor because it was made in Japan instead of the USA. I'm unashamedly ignorant when it come to diesels, but am eager learner.

I found your web site because my little tractor won't start. It was hard cold starting when I bought it and now it won't start at all. Can anyone point me to where I can find a manual for this tractor and help point me toward a diagnosis.

What I know:
1. It has fuel.
2. A light on the instrument panel lights when I turn on the key. I'm guessing this is my glow plug light.
3. When I rotate the start switch to the right to engage the starter (after 30 seconds of holding to the left to heat the plugs) the light immediately goes out.
4. When I let off of the key for a few seconds the light comes back on.

I have not done any testing yet. I'm hoping to get outside tonight to test the glow plugs to see if they heat up.
Thanks for reading and for any help you might offer. I'll take it!

/ New Member #2  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Hopefully you'll get the assistance/advice you need... however, this is the 'introduction' forum... you'll need to start a separate 'thread/post' to get the most responses.

Enjoy the site... from wherever in the world you're from.

/ New Member
Thanks Wagtail! And I am located the mountain of Colorado about two hours southwest of Denver at 9000' elevation.

/ New Member #4  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

Hopefully, you're finding some answers in your other thread!

/ New Member #5  
:welcome: to TBN...enjoy.

/ New Member #7  

Welcome to T-B-N.

Kubota L175​

Kubota L175 tractor photo
1973 - 1976
Sub-Compact Utility tractor

Production
Manufacturer:Kubota
Type:Sub-Compact Utility tractor
Factory:Japan

Kubota L175 Power
Engine:17 hp
12.7 kW
Kubota L175 Engine
Kubota 0.7L 2-cyl diesel
Mechanical
Chassis:4x2 2WD
Steering:manual
Cab:Open operator station.
Transmission:8-speed gear
Hydraulics
Pressure:1700 psi
117.2 bar
Total flow:3.7 gpm
14.0 lpm
Tractor hitch
Rear Type:I
Dimensions & Tires
Weight:1880 lbs
852 kg
Front tire:4.00-12
Rear tire:8.4-24

Last edited:
   / New Member #8  
Welcome to TBN - check fuel and air filters first as these are the cheapest things to replace.
Make sure the fuel is not gelled or has stuff growing in it.
Check for water in the fuel too.
Good luck and hopefully someone can help you with more details based on your tractor model.

/ New Member #9  
3032514546.gif

and enjoy the forum!

/ New Member #10  
Welcome to TBN, so much knowledge here to help with whatever ails our tractors.