New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #1  

fatjay

Veteran Member
Tractor
Not enough
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham on Friday issued an emergency order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque and the surrounding county for at least 30 days in response to a spate of gun violence.

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #2  
Post shut down in 3 ... 2 ... 1

I'll kick it off.

I applaud the move. Is it a good move? Who knows. Is it something, yes! To me, that's a step in the right direction.

I don't know what the answer is to gun violence in the US, but I fully acknowledge we have a problem and need to do something about it.

I get tired of politicians who use every excuse to kick the can down the road and not act. At least this is something. At this point, I applaud anything that at least tries to change the status quo, which in my mind, is unacceptable.

As a University professor, this is an issue that is always at the forefront of my mind with the rise in campus shootings. The Professor that was just shot at UNC was a colleague of mine prior to moving to UNC about 4 years ago...

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #4  
We have to do something.
This is something.
Therefore, we have to do it.

:)

Bruce

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #5  
Um, what she did is every bit as illegal as the shootings. Shootings are a symptom. Solve the problem. Put criminals in prison. Target the street gangs that cause most of the violence and use RICO against them.

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #6  
Uneducated university professors are why people don’t understand the constitution.
Personal attacks ... Hmm, I think that says more about you than me.

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #8  
Post shut down in 3 ... 2 ... 1

I'll kick it off.

I applaud the move. Is it a good move? Who knows. Is it something, yes! To me, that's a step in the right direction.

I don't know what the answer is to gun violence in the US, but I fully acknowledge we have a problem and need to do something about it.

I get tired of politicians who use every excuse to kick the can down the road and not act. At least this is something. At this point, I applaud anything that at least tries to change the status quo, which in my mind, is unacceptable.

As a University professor, this is an issue that is always at the forefront of my mind with the rise in campus shootings. The Professor that was just shot at UNC was a colleague of mine prior to moving to UNC about 4 years ago...
Once we get rid of that we need to curtail the 1st amendment, if a teacher/ professor speaks out of line, they should be dragged off to the government approved "re-education center".

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #9  
I guess my only question is what will this "emergency order suspending the right to carry firearms" actually accomplish? All of the crimes stated in the article I read were caused / performed by individuals that should already have not had guns, so if they were law abiding citizens wouldn't they not have had the guns to cause these issues in the first place. This "emergency order suspending the right to carry firearms" will do nothing for the issues because these individuals already have no regard for the existing laws, let alone some made up "emergency order suspending the right to carry firearms".

I do agree something needs to be done, we need to start holding people accountable (no matter their age) for the laws that already exist.

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque
So basically you're only preventing lawful gun owners from defending themselves. These people aren't contributing to crime. And she knows it.

1694391932355.png

Status
Not open for further replies.