New midsize tractor advice

/ New midsize tractor advice #1  

Hunterkoe

Tractor
John Deere 4052m
What are y’all’s thoughts between a Deere 5075M vs a Kubota M4-071 deluxe? If price wasn’t in the equation, which would be preferred?

/ New midsize tractor advice #2  
It’s hard to say without more info. On tractor data they list a lot of different options as far as transmission, cab and loaders for the JD. The Kubota looks like they are all cabbed, 12 speed shuttle and two different loaders.

If they are equipped the same the JD is heavier, has a 16 speed(maybe) and maybe a slightly stronger loader. That might give the JD a slight edge but if they are equipped the same they appear to be nearly even on paper. Both look to be nice tractors.

/ New midsize tractor advice #3  
What are y’all’s thoughts between a Deere 5075M vs a Kubota M4-071 deluxe? If price wasn’t in the equation, which would be preferred?
What about availability? You might check with dealers to see when you might expect delivery. That may also influence your decision.

/ New midsize tractor advice #4  
Not really enough info on what you want it to do.

My neighbor recently got a 5075M and parked side by side his 5075M is significantly smaller than my M4. If your working slow in the woods probably the 5075M is better, if you're in the fields probably the M4 just due to larger tire size alone.

/ New midsize tractor advice
Thank y’all for the replies, it’s really for rotary cutting, land leveling, and loader work at my house. I just sold my 4052M because it wasn’t heavy enough for half the things I wanted it to do. It was a Cadillac of a tractor though. And yes I figured the M4 vs 5075M configurations to be as close as possible for the comparison. Just wondering if y’all had personal experience with either. Both look very sharp and capable. I’ve tried doing homework on the 5 cylinder the Deere has but can’t find anything.

/ New midsize tractor advice #6  
Looks like a large 3 cylinder turbo to me looking at the Deere sight. Most likely made by JD. You don’t hear about a lot of engine problems with JD. For that matter you don’t hear about a lot of engine problems with tractors of any maker.

/ New midsize tractor advice #7  
The JD 5075M John Deere PowerTech 3029

The JD M4 tractors are powered by Yanmar

willy

/ New midsize tractor advice #8  
Not really enough info on what you want it to do.

My neighbor recently got a 5075M and parked side by side his 5075M is significantly smaller than my M4. If your working slow in the woods probably the 5075M is better, if you're in the fields probably the M4 just due to larger tire size alone.
I was going to say, I dont think these are the same class of tractor. JD 50 series is like the Kubota 60 series. M7060.

/ New midsize tractor advice #9  
The jd 5075m with cab mfwd weighs in at about 9000lbs. The kubota m4 071 cab mfwd about 6000lbs . 50% more or 3000lbs is going to make he Deere way more capable. Except for hp not even comparable. If money is no object the Deere would be my choice.

/ New midsize tractor advice #10  
I must be thinking of the 5075E. The M is much heavier.