New midsize tractor advice

/ New midsize tractor advice #11  
Hello Hunterkoe, Decide what your most commonly used speed range is and sort your gearbox options on that basis. eg JD quad shift g/box stacking round silage bales. sub 120hp you have the 24 sp(6x4) quad shift, this puts a stick shift in your main work speed range.Changing(stick shift) gears gets old fast when you have 700 bales to shift. HOWEVER @ 140hp you get a 20sp (5x4) quad shift, which means NO stick shift in your main work speed range. You are a lot less tired at the end of the job.

Loader: recommend you get loader suspension, excellent at reducing bouncing/ shock loads on rough ground.
How high do the loaders reach?
Is to lift capacity measured at the bucket pins(look good on paper) or measured @ 12" or 18" in front of bucket pins(real world accurate)?
Do cabs have skylight for high level loader work?
For loader work a heavier tractor is more stable.
Test tractors for ergonomic fit.

Rear scv's get 3 minimum, 4 if you can. eg tnt top link and back blade with hydraulic tilt, angle, and offset.
Get LARGEST hydraulic pump option as the trend these days is to more and higher capacity hydraulic equipment(loader). Undersized hydraulic pumps suck.
Engines are much of a sameness these days, Gearbox ,Hydraulic capacity, and ergonomics dictate how well a tractor can do it's job.

Some food for thought.
I can't comment directly as I have not used these 2 tractors in this size.

/ New midsize tractor advice #12  
Here is a review of the 5075m

Kubota M4-071 review/problems

/ New midsize tractor advice #14  
What are y’all’s thoughts between a Deere 5075M vs a Kubota M4-071 deluxe? If price wasn’t in the equation, which would be preferred?

The 5075M doesn't make a lot of sense in Deere's lineup, I think Deere just wanted to stick the DEF-free 3029 3-cylinder engine in the 5M chassis. (They stopped using the five-cylinder skid loader engine a while ago.) That size of tractor really is designed for the four-cylinder engine with more power and all of the other models in the 5M line use the 4045 4-cylinder. If you don't mind DEF, I would look at a four cylinder 5100E as you will be in the same general ballpark for price and size (a tad smaller, but ballpark) and get noticeably more power. If you want to avoid DEF, get a 5075E or a Tier III 5083E/5091E/5101E. All are nice tractors.

Any of those tractors including the 5075E, which is smaller than a 5E 4-cylinder or 5M, are going to be noticeably larger and more capable than a 4052M. A MFWD 5075E open station weighs almost 6000 pounds without a loader or any ballast at all, a 4052M is only about 3750. A MFWD 5075E open station with the 520M loader and bucket and filled rears will be about 9000 pounds, and the cabbed version about 750 pounds more than that. A 5085E or 5100E with loaded tires, loader, and bucket is 10,500-11,000 lbs.

I can't say much about Kubotas as I have never owned or operated them.

/ New midsize tractor advice #15  
You may already know this but if you are having difficulty deciding, then there isn't a bad choice. The deciding factor should be which dealer (owner and parts counter people) do you like best. That may well determine your level of happiness with the purchase.

/ New midsize tractor advice #16  
What's with your Kubota hate? I looked through your links and it looks like four people with problems? Maybe six. Hardly a trend, and there is a trend out there but apparently you couldn't find it. 4WD whine is an issue recognized by Kubota and they're working a fix.

/ New midsize tractor advice #17  
I don't HATE any tractor! Some one was looking at that tractor and
wanted some advice. When some one says so & so tractor is the best
just let them know they have problems just like any other tractor. The
best tractor is the ONE that you like. I have said before all tractors have
problems at one time or another as some tractors are made to last and
other tractors cheap just make money. Also all dealers are not the same,
I think some of the dealers have a bad case of hemorrhoids as their don't
treat their customers very good and then you have dealers that like their
business and really go out of their way to help them!
You can probably find on the net every tractor made someone has had some
problems with them.

willy

/ New midsize tractor advice #18  
You can probably find on the net every tractor made someone has had some problems with them.
Exactly. That's why I hate random google searches for tractor model problems, you'll find them and how many are legit or a trend? Heck if a potential buyer googled "new tractor hydraulic leak" they'd probably never buy a tractor:ROFLMAO: