New Model #'s

/ New Model #'s #1  

DIRTROAD

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF231, MF240, CAT D4K2
I just spoke with my local dealer and he informed me that massey ferguson is changing their model #'s again. He said the new models would be shown at the ag show in Kentucky in a couple weeks and then would go to dealers.

I was just getting used to the current #'s and now I am going to have to research again.

/ New Model #'s
I was at the dealer again today and found out a little more info. The way I understand is the 573, 583, 593, and 596 are being replaced by the 2650, 2660, 2670, and 2680. These are the HD version of the current 2600 series line.

I wasn't that impressed with the pictures that I saw. The tractors looked like they will have the plastic hoods on them instead of steel.

They are being distributed to dealerships at this time.

/ New Model #'s #3  
I was at the dealer again today and found out a little more info. The way I understand is the 573, 583, 593, and 596 are being replaced by the 2650, 2660, 2670, and 2680. These are the HD version of the current 2600 series line.

I wasn't that impressed with the pictures that I saw. The tractors looked like they will have the plastic hoods on them instead of steel.

They are being distributed to dealerships at this time.

Those hoods are a bigger version of the 1600 series, or a smaller version of the 8600 series ALL STEEL!!

/ New Model #'s
I didn't realize that they were steel. I stand corrected. It doesn't change the fact that they LOOK like cheap plastic to me. I don't like the low hanging plastic gas tanks either, even with a skid plate.

I just know how plastic holds up out in the elements. My Dodge truck dash and my Hyundai door handles are evidence that plastic doesn't hold up well.

/ New Model #'s #5  
I didn't realize that they were steel. I stand corrected. It doesn't change the fact that they LOOK like cheap plastic to me. I don't like the low hanging plastic gas tanks either, even with a skid plate.

I just know how plastic holds up out in the elements. My Dodge truck dash and my Hyundai door handles are evidence that plastic doesn't hold up well.

They have been using those for years, not just MF, all tractor manufacturers. It is more than just plastic, and it iss a different grade than your interior parts. Oh, BTW, Dodge has been using plastic tanks since the 1970's, and everyone eventually followed suit. Your Hyundia should be plastic too.

You could not pay me enough money to take a metal fuel tank ever again.