New mower arrived. Yeehaaah

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah
Hi Milo. I have some hobbies that I just haven't had time for lately. Looking forward to getting back to them. Also cars need a good clean up. Might take some aerial video today while the property is looking so good. My wife said the lawn has never looked so nice and even as it does now. Better capture the moment. LOL

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #12  
First time I tried operating my Exmark at home, I tore off 6 feet of gutter on the low end of my barn.

Second time, I hit the concrete pad under the heat pump, and moved it about 4 inches out of position.

I’m better now.

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #13  
My first Zero turn was a 48" Toro. After mowing a few times I traded it in for a 60" Toro. Saved me 1 hr of mowing about 3 acres.

/ New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #14  
Hi Milo. I have some hobbies that I just haven't had time for lately. Looking forward to getting back to them. Also cars need a good clean up. Might take some aerial video today while the property is looking so good. My wife said the lawn has never looked so nice and even as it does now. Better capture the moment. LOL
Alien IMO mowing can be enjoyable but not at the expense of out other hobbies so it's nice that your new Kubota ZTR will put things back in perspective. Do take some aerial and please share it for us to see, plus I almost have forgotten what grass and leaves look like.....

Took some aerial today but my new laptop with my editor died. HP are trying to source a new drive. Anyones guess how long that will take.

First time I tried operating my Exmark at home, I tore off 6 feet of gutter on the low end of my barn.

Second time, I hit the concrete pad under the heat pump, and moved it about 4 inches out of position.

I’m better now.
Yeah, but does your wife talk to you yet? LOL

Well, flooding slowed things down this way for a couple of weeks. Non stop rain for several days and running generators as flooding took out the power lines. Now the grass needs cut every few days, acres of it!
I am over the moon with this Kubota. I find any excuse to mow the lawn now. Controls are so precise and the lawns are cut so evenly. I bought 3 spare blades and swapped them on so I could touch up the others and just swap over when needed. I had to buy a 30 mm impact socket (1 3/16") to fit the bolt. It only takes about 4 - 5 minutes to swap them over.
I now have over 12 hours on the clock and loving every minute. I mow a lot of areas that I used to use the tractor and flail mower. It also can be used when the ground is too soft for the tractor. (It got stuck) No cons yet apart from quite noisy when the blades start but I bought noise cancelling headphones which work very well.

Last edited:
   / New mower arrived. Yeehaaah #19  
I have a Deere commercial zero-turn with a 60" deck. Bought it used...
I guess this is my 4th season with it and I don't think I'd go back to a regular lawn tractor
Only thing I'd like to do sometime is replace this mower with a diesel (Deere 994 or 997)

Enjoy your new Kubota, Alien!!

Last edited:
Yes Roy, I still have my old lawn tractor and it goes well but I should have bought the ZT years ago. It would be hard going back now.