New MX5400 has arrived

/ New MX5400 has arrived #21  
I was fortunate that the MX5400 was already on the lot. Dealer had to order the remotes, 3rd function and install which took about a month from ordering.

I'm attaching the build sheet with additional options not listed in the Kubota build site.

Used Equine discount (20%) and my ag exemption. Couldn't use Kubota financing with Equine discount so went with Ag Direct financing which the Kubota dealer was able to set up.

/ New MX5400 has arrived #22  
Yeah, think you did get a good buy. I did not get the 20% discount, but did get the 0% interest for the max, 7 yrs.
I bought my MX5400 last fall.
I have mine at the dealer for the first service(50Hr.).
Been using mine a lot. So far so good.

/ New MX5400 has arrived #23  
I was fortunate that the MX5400 was already on the lot. Dealer had to order the remotes, 3rd function and install which took about a month from ordering.

I'm attaching the build sheet with additional options not listed in the Kubota build site.

Used Equine discount (20%) and my ag exemption. Couldn't use Kubota financing with Equine discount so went with Ag Direct financing which the Kubota dealer was able to set up.
Is tagging onto this thread ok?

Hi, I'm so glad you posted your quote sheet. I received a proposal that has no specs for a similar tractor, but with a cab.

I'm wondering what the TBN folks think about the "proposal", it wasn't a quote, below. I don't think that this has enough details to allow for comparisons, doesn't say which type specific equipment, the dealer has cab models in stock. If the few things listed are always X model number, it is one thing, but aren't there multiple bucket options? Really what doesn't add up is the 20% equine discount, because he didn't provide me with any details.

Kubota MX5400HSTC tractor, hydrostatic transmission$ 39,305.00
factory cab with heat/A/C, rated 46.5pto horsepower
LA1065A loader, 2-lever coupler, 72" material bucket$ -
$ -
$ -
$ -
***equine discount program for same tractor$ -
$37,713 cash price only
U.S. Equestrian Federation$ -

The time has finally come to replace my old tractor. I won't trade that, I'll be selling it.

/ New MX5400 has arrived
Is tagging onto this thread ok?

Hi, I'm so glad you posted your quote sheet. I received a proposal that has no specs for a similar tractor, but with a cab.

I'm wondering what the TBN folks think about the "proposal", it wasn't a quote, below. I don't think that this has enough details to allow for comparisons, doesn't say which type specific equipment, the dealer has cab models in stock. If the few things listed are always X model number, it is one thing, but aren't there multiple bucket options? Really what doesn't add up is the 20% equine discount, because he didn't provide me with any details.

Kubota MX5400HSTC tractor, hydrostatic transmission$ 39,305.00
factory cab with heat/A/C, rated 46.5pto horsepower
LA1065A loader, 2-lever coupler, 72" material bucket$ -
$ -
$ -
$ -
***equine discount program for same tractor$ -
$37,713 cash price only
U.S. Equestrian Federation$ -

The time has finally come to replace my old tractor. I won't trade that, I'll be selling it.
My first quote from the dealer I bought from didn't have a break down. I would print out the build sheet from Kubota and use that to communicate with your dealer.

Assuming R4 tires, 4WD and heavy duty bucket with the MX5400 HST cab, I get $45,238 on the build sheet.

20% Equine discount will give you a final price of $36,190.00.

So the "cash" price isn't too far off especially if he is including tax. I would assume "cash" price means you can get a loan through another source like Ag Direct?

/ New MX5400 has arrived #25  
My first quote from the dealer I bought from didn't have a break down. I would print out the build sheet from Kubota and use that to communicate with your dealer.

Assuming R4 tires, 4WD and heavy duty bucket with the MX5400 HST cab, I get $45,238 on the build sheet.

20% Equine discount will give you a final price of $36,190.00.

So the "cash" price isn't too far off especially if he is including tax. I would assume "cash" price means you can get a loan through another source like Ag Direct?

On the pricing, he was not including tax, I didn't include that, but you are correct "cash" price means that I get another loan source. Which at 0% financing, I need to see what the rates are for Farm Credit or Ag Direct or whoever.

Thanks for the idea of doing the build sheet. I did text him and ask for more detailed specifications in his quote.

Another question: The Rod Indicator Kit...never mind, I asked the great Google and it is what I thought it was, and I definitely want that. My old tractor, a tiny little Mitsubishi (undersized for my use) had that and it was nice.

I need to spend a bit more time looking at options. I don't want things I won't use, but I also want the niceties.

/ New MX5400 has arrived #26  
Congratulations! Looks like somebody is goiing to be rather busy
and happy with his new toy!

willy