New MX5400

/ New MX5400
I am waiting on the mower report. Did you pick that up?

Next week; but we had a change of plans. I passed on the felco and went with a 12ft Land Pride batwing rotary. The dealer and I discussed my use and we agreed the rotary would be best.

/ New MX5400 #62  
Well.....if you pick it up...swing by and we will hook it up to the woman's mx for a test. Lol.
Next week; but we had a change of plans. I passed on the felco and went with a 12ft Land Pride batwing rotary. The dealer and I discussed my use and we agreed the rotary would be best.

/ New MX5400 #66  
Congrats!! Great looking rig and clearly well equipped! :drink:

/ New MX5400 #67  

I think you'll be happy with the bat wing over the finish mower, I've never had one (finish batwing) but ultimately see a lot more maintenance and blade service that would become old. The big old "bush hog" blades on a regular batwing will leave a nice cut when kept sharp, and with your described mowing that should not be a problem.
Enjoy your new equipment, just don't go crazy watching and waiting for the grass to grow.:thumbsup:

/ New MX5400
I think you'll be happy with the bat wing over the finish mower, I've never had one (finish batwing) but ultimately see a lot more maintenance and blade service that would become old. The big old "bush hog" blades on a regular batwing will leave a nice cut when kept sharp, and with your described mowing that should not be a problem.
Enjoy your new equipment, just don't go crazy watching and waiting for the grass to grow.:thumbsup:

You sound like the dealer I was working with. We started talking about the use of the mower and he suggested I may want to consider the the rotary cutter instead. I think "we" made the right choice. I actually paid two grand more for the new Land Pride.

/ New MX5400 #69  
I gotta check with my neighbor...I think he runs a rotary batwing. He was all smiles the day I caught a peek of it.

/ New MX5400
I gotta check with my neighbor...I think he runs a rotary batwing. He was all smiles the day I caught a peek of it.

I hope I'm happy with this as well; given that the rotary will cut heavier material, and higher, I won't have to stress if I can't get to mowing right away. 30 acres of mowing isn't something I want to rule my life. :confused3: