New Oregon Gator Blades

/ New Oregon Gator Blades #1  

BravoXray

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230, John Deere 430 Diesel
Installed a set of Oregon Gator blades on my BX. I also leveled the deck, it was 1/2" high on the right side, greased all the spindles, idler pulley, center pivot, gauge wheels, and checked the oil in the gearbox. It's good to go for the rest of the season, if we get enough rain to make the grass grow. After an unusually wet spring, it's been almost two weeks with no rain, and looks like it might be a couple more before we get any decent amount.
IMG_20220624_145142355 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
   / New Oregon Gator Blades #2  
Installed a set of Oregon Gator blades on my BX. I also leveled the deck, it was 1/2" high on the right side, greased all the spindles, idler pulley, center pivot, gauge wheels, and checked the oil in the gearbox. It's good the go for the rest of the season, if we get enough rain to make the grass grow. After an unusually wet spring, it's been almost two weeks with no rain, and looks like it might be a couple more before we get any decent amount.View attachment 751455
Nice!
I been running Gator blades for a few years now on my mowers, their also great for mulching leaves

/ New Oregon Gator Blades #3  
I run those blades on my ZTR and they have worked really, really well. Very stout.

/ New Oregon Gator Blades #4  
I also put Oregon Gator blades on my 6' finish mower:
PA080002.JPG
PA080008.JPG

The view from the seat with the deck raised:
PA080010.JPG

/ New Oregon Gator Blades #6  
Yeh nice! I got those gators on my bradley stander. Awesome blades year round other than early spring...they tend to make a mess of the clipping then. In the fall, they'll mulch leaves well enough w/o even having to block the chute.

/ New Oregon Gator Blades #7  
I run them on my ZTR...great blades and they last a LONG time.

/ New Oregon Gator Blades #8  
I am thinking of something that will help on my X738 mower and mulching blades might help my build up of clippings, I'd think. Are these resharpenable or require anything too funky to sharpen?

/ New Oregon Gator Blades #9  
I am thinking of something that will help on my X738 mower and mulching blades might help my build up of clippings, I'd think. Are these resharpenable or require anything too funky to sharpen?
The leading (cutting) edge is a normal blade and can be sharpened like any other. The mulching fins (the trailing edge) don't get sharpened. These have a lot of uplift. If you have sandy soil, the mulching edge can get eroded fairly quickly. I've been using them for years. I like them for the uplift and leaf mulching. I have some reservations about how much they really mulch the grass, but I do like the blades.