New owner looking for specs info on 2422

/ New owner looking for specs info on 2422 #1  

Tchamp

Silver Member
Tractor
Power trac PT-2422
Have recently purchased this unit with several attachments and trailer and am trying to figure out the specs, limitations on weight, etc.... hope someone could give me more info on specs. It originally had a Robbins- 22hp, but has newer 25 hp Robbins with about 10 hours now. IMG_5482.JPGIMG_5606.JPGIMG_5487.JPGIMG_5613.JPGIMG_5612.JPG

Last edited:
   / New owner looking for specs info on 2422 #2  
Welcome to TBN! :thumbsup:

Can't help you with the specs on that. If no one else can, you might want to call Terry and PowerTrac. He should be able to give you any info you want.

1-800-THE-YARD

/ New owner looking for specs info on 2422
Welcome to TBN! :thumbsup:

Can't help you with the specs on that. If no one else can, you might want to call Terry and PowerTrac. He should be able to give you any info you want.

1-800-THE-YARD

Ok, have tried this week but they were closed for the week.
Thanks.

/ New owner looking for specs info on 2422 #4  
Ok, have tried this week but they were closed for the week.
Thanks.

They've been known to do that over holidays and rumor has it during hunting season, too, but that's just a rumor. :laughing:

/ New owner looking for specs info on 2422 #5  
Nice tractor! How did you find it? I look for used PT tractors all the time and never see any for sale.

I would bet the specs are the same as the current model 2425, with the engine being the only meaningful difference (generally).

IMHO, when you ask about limits, they seem to be engineered like most construction equipment. That being if you operate it normally, you can't break it by lifting too much etc.

Make sure you do the 8HR and 50HR maintenance, and don't overheat the hydraulic oil. And let the engine idle for a few min. before shutting it down after a hard run.

The 24xx series tractors have small oil coolers and can't be used with mower decks, with that thought I would watch the hyd oil temp close when running high HP attachments, like trenchers.

Very cool machine!

I didn’t know what I was buying when I bought it. I fell into the deal with this piece of equipment, my father in laws neighbor had purchased it from a company closing its doors a few years back with a bunch of other equipment. It is too small for what he needs and so he sold it to me with several attachments and the custom trailer to haul it all with as well. I have two buckets for the Hoe and a 4foot bucket for the front, 4 foot with grapplers, directional auger with 3 different sized augers, power roller, 4 foot trencher, stump grinder, and garden tiller. From what I have read, I believe I have stolen this from him, I have paid 5,000 dollars for the whole lot. and I also have the lawn aerator as well.IMG_5490.JPG

Nice tractor! How did you find it? I look for used PT tractors all the time and never see any for sale.

I would bet the specs are the same as the current model 2425, with the engine being the only meaningful difference (generally).

IMHO, when you ask about limits, they seem to be engineered like most construction equipment. That being if you operate it normally, you can't break it by lifting too much etc.

Make sure you do the 8HR and 50HR maintenance, and don't overheat the hydraulic oil. And let the engine idle for a few min. before shutting it down after a hard run.

The 24xx series tractors have small oil coolers and can't be used with mower decks, with that thought I would watch the hyd oil temp close when running high HP attachments, like trenchers.

Very cool machine![/

/ New owner looking for specs info on 2422 #8  
I didn’t know what I was buying when I bought it. I fell into the deal with this piece of equipment, my father in laws neighbor had purchased it from a company closing its doors a few years back with a bunch of other equipment. It is too small for what he needs and so he sold it to me with several attachments and the custom trailer to haul it all with as well. I have two buckets for the Hoe and a 4foot bucket for the front, 4 foot with grapplers, directional auger with 3 different sized augers, power roller, 4 foot trencher, stump grinder, and garden tiller. From what I have read, I believe I have stolen this from him, I have paid 5,000 dollars for the whole lot. and I also have the lawn aerator as well.View attachment 678069

$5K for the machine, all the attachments, and the trailer package?

If so, there are several dozen people pounding their heads on the nearest brick wall right now! :laughing:

$5K for the machine, all the attachments, and the trailer package?

If so, there are several dozen people pounding their heads on the nearest brick wall right now! :laughing:

Yep that’s how much I paid

/ New owner looking for specs info on 2422 #10  
Yep that’s how much I paid

I'm glad I don't have any brick walls nearby. :laughing:

That's a fantastic price. A similar new machine is over $16K with no attachments and no trailer. :thumbsup: