New owner of TN70A "The Beast"

/ New owner of TN70A "The Beast" #1  

Doc_Bob

Elite Member
Tractor
2003 NH TN70A
After I had asked hundreds of questions at TBN, I bought a used TN70A. I had the chance to spend hours on a Kubota B21, Grand L3830 and TC40DA. All great machines.

I will never go on a lawn. I will never mow a lawn, so the AG tires on the TN70A are great. I will Bush Hog for hours. The TN70A came with Bush Hog, FEL, QA HD Bucket, QA Pallet forks, bale spear and 3 PH 6 ft blade.

Transmission is 8 x 8 with electric shuttle shift. The thing just loafs when working. 4th gear, 1400 rpm moving a load.

Picture #1
Bob

Attachments

• DSC00727.JPG
    DSC00727.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 264
   / New owner of TN70A "The Beast"
Pic #2

Attachments

• DSC00728.JPG
    DSC00728.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 231
I forgot to mention, the TN70A came with 3 remotes.
Bob

Another picture

Attachments

• DSC00729.JPG
    DSC00729.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 206
   / New owner of TN70A "The Beast" #6  
Nice rig Bob, now you need to get busy and find a tooth bar for that bucket. It will make a world of difference when digging.

GATC35 said:
Congrats on the new machine. Wish I had "The Beast" sitting in front of my 7 foot "Hog". What size "Hog" are you turning ?

Bush Hog 286 rotary cutter. Six footer. Had about 40 hours of use. A 7 foot hog would be even better;) .

I am still figuring out how to set it up. Insight came over day one and helped me get it hooked up. Mowed for hours. I then lubed everything. I like Bush Hog because their manuals are online in pdf format. Also, the hog came with the package.

Any tips on using or caring for mine? I am a complete newbie to rotary cutters.
Bob

PineRidge said:
Nice rig Bob, now you need to get busy and find a tooth bar for that bucket. It will make a world of difference when digging.

Tooth bar is a very good idea. The Bush Hog bucket comes with mounting holes everywhere. I am having so much fun using it. The edge is not replaceable. Do they make tooth bars that can "protect" the cutting edge?
Bob

/ New owner of TN70A "The Beast" #9  
Doc_Bob said:
Tooth bar is a very good idea. The Bush Hog bucket comes with mounting holes everywhere. I am having so much fun using it. The edge is not replaceable. Do they make tooth bars that can "protect" the cutting edge?
Bob

Yes, fact is on mine I first have to remove the replaceable cutting edge even before slipping the tooth-bar over the leading edge of the bucket. It has a tendency to really strengthen the leading edge as well which is a big plus in my opinion.

/ New owner of TN70A "The Beast" #10  
Doc_Bob said:
After I had asked hundreds of questions at TBN, I bought a used TN70A.
Bob
Congratulations Bob. Hope it's good to you.