New PT1430 arrived.

/ New PT1430 arrived. #71  
Nice. However, and I don't want to be a Debbie Downer here, I hope your skid steer attachments are at a good angle for you to get the best use out of them. You'll notice that most Power Trac attachments have some sort of angle compared to the angle of the quick attach plate. Hopefully your dump/curl circuit will give you enough play to get the angles you want. :thumbsup:

/ New PT1430 arrived. #72  
So, this may not work for you. My concern is that I have a similar setup (so does ken) and we found out that the plate cannot be welded to the QA plate directly, it needs to have the bottom kicked out by a couple of inches (At a bit of an angle). The PT QA plate is not straight up and down but angled forward a bit.

Just be careful on your first attachment with the QA, the angle down might be too much.

/ New PT1430 arrived. #75  
Not really, he is outside, staring at it cursing Power-Trac and the idiocy that is its design. He may even be wondering if he made a mistake making the purchase. Panic. How do I tell the wife...

Tomorrow, he will wake up, realize it is a quick fix and be back in love again.

/ New PT1430 arrived. #76  
Not really, he is outside, staring at it cursing Power-Trac and the idiocy that is its design. He may even be wondering if he made a mistake making the purchase. Panic. How do I tell the wife...

Tomorrow, he will wake up, realize it is a quick fix and be back in love again.

/ New PT1430 arrived. #77  
Nice. However, and I don't want to be a Debbie Downer here, I hope your skid steer attachments are at a good angle for you to get the best use out of them. You'll notice that most Power Trac attachments have some sort of angle compared to the angle of the quick attach plate. Hopefully your dump/curl circuit will give you enough play to get the angles you want. :thumbsup:

So, this may not work for you. My concern is that I have a similar setup (so does ken) and we found out that the plate cannot be welded to the QA plate directly, it needs to have the bottom kicked out by a couple of inches (At a bit of an angle). The PT QA plate is not straight up and down but angled forward a bit.

Just be careful on your first attachment with the QA, the angle down might be too much.

Hi, I'm back into the land of the living after a self-imposed exile with a very nasty winter cold/flu... Not over it yet, but definitely on my way. Spring is in the air, but my body sure did not feel it yet!

IMGP4946.JPG

I should've paid more attention to the angle between the PT and SS plates. I didn't, but seem to be fortunate that it seems to be working out alright. (Phew!) I moved a pallet off the ground with relative ease, and as you can see in the attached pic, I don't think I'll have (angle) issues trying to dig holes. Time will tell... I do think it would have been a good idea to kick out the bottom of the SS plate 1-2 inches to provide more flexibility/range of motion.

/ New PT1430 arrived. #78  
Yes, normally you need to kick the bottom out. You can put the PT plate flat on the ground which is more than many CUTs but not as much past vertical as most CUTs.

Ken

/ New PT1430 arrived. #79  
Getting my 1st battle scar at 30hrs. ...! A small & short hose that runs from the top of the 1st pump to the Draft Control module blew... Power-Trac confirmed that I do not need to bleed anything; just replace the hose and go.

Must've been a defect in the single-braid hose... Machine was being worked hard enough, but in cool temperature, and not with the Draft Control engaged.

On an unrelated note, I am including pics of my Virnig grapple rock bucket. Very happy with it so far. (Not sure why one pic rotates; it's fine in Windows Explorer...)

IMGP5005.jpgIMGP5003.jpg

/ New PT1430 arrived. #80  
Ahhh.. Hoses. Someone asked how long hoses last, 1 hr or 100 years. I have a hose on my tractor that should have blown the day I got it and it is still strong. I have had another that didn't last much more than 3 weeks.

IMO and this is probably untrue, it is the small 1/4" hoses that seem to be the most fail prone.