New pump and Spayer calibration

/ New pump and Spayer calibration #1  

spruce Deere

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 790 with loader LS xr3140h also with loader plus a cab
The shurflow pump on my diy sprayer give it up on me earlier when I was getting everything ready to spray for weeds... I'm thinking that little 3.3gpm 'gallons per minute' pump lasted me at least twenty years, not bad.
I invested in a everflo 5.5gpm pump this time. Almost double output the shurflo had. With all the calculations figured after running the pump with my boomless set-up it all tells me 25 Gallons per acre... got 13 GPA with the old pump.

Did most of the work in the shop and ready to head outside to double check mph and run with the boom and the rain started to commence..... always something.

Attachments

• 20220402_122341.jpg
    20220402_122341.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 49
   / New pump and Spayer calibration #2  
Nice looking rig . Do you have any in line filters on it ? I built a similar one last yr and my nozzles kept getting plugged up , Finally put an in line filter on and stopped the issue, Good luck spraying.

/ New pump and Spayer calibration
Yes there is a filter in the system, It is at the pump intake.

Its a simple build, there is no pressure gauge or anything fancy. I have 3 different booms I use with it. A 3 nozzle 'boom less' thing for when the trees are crowding into the rows but weeds still need controlled, a four foot boom and an eight foot boom.