New purchase RX6620

/ New purchase RX6620 #1  

dmbiske

Tractor
Kioti RX6620, JD285GT
Hi all, just purchased my first real tractor, wanted the big brother but kinda need a backhoe (I know I know, ill never use it once the initial projects are done, but by the time I'd be done renting a mini ex I'll have paid for the ho)
What can I expect almost 60pto hp to do? 6 row corn planter? Seed drill?
Got a 6' box blade and 90" mower ordered as well.
Any reccomend actions for 3rd function and a grapple?
Thanks all, going to utilize the search function and continue poking around.

/ New purchase RX6620 #2  
Horse
Cart

Understand the order! ;)

I'm running a 7' box blade (about 1,200 lbs) on my NX5510.

No idea what a 90" mower is. I've got a 6' rotary (Bush Hog) and a 7'+ (87") flail.

It all really depends on what you're NEEDING to do, what the environment is (no indication of your location- no idea of possible soil types).

What do you mean by "recommended actions for a 3rd function and a grapple?" Do you have a 3rd function or are you asking what one is used/usable for (such as a grapple)?

What did you get for rear remotes? I have 3 of them on my NX and am glad that I didn't go with less: one set I'm using for/as my 3rd function; my hydraulic top link claims one; that leaves me with one for any implement that I run (box blade uses one; flail mower uses one).

/ New purchase RX6620
Horse
Cart

Understand the order! ;)

I'm running a 7' box blade (about 1,200 lbs) on my NX5510.

No idea what a 90" mower is. I've got a 6' rotary (Bush Hog) and a 7'+ (87") flail.

It all really depends on what you're NEEDING to do, what the environment is (no indication of your location- no idea of possible soil types).

What do you mean by "recommended actions for a 3rd function and a grapple?" Do you have a 3rd function or are you asking what one is used/usable for (such as a grapple)?

What did you get for rear remotes? I have 3 of them on my NX and am glad that I didn't go with less: one set I'm using for/as my 3rd function; my hydraulic top link claims one; that leaves me with one for any implement that I run (box blade uses one; flail mower uses one).
90" rotary, finish mower, the area we call our yard is pushing 5 acres. plus an additional 2 acre pasture for yearly lambs
location is mid Michigan, clay soil with field stones that mate every fall.
recommended* gah first post and I let autocorrect get ahold of me, I do not have a third function up front but do have 3 remotes out back, biggest thing I've ever used in the tractor category is a JD 285GT, tractors are new to me, hydraulics are not, but tractor options seem to be more diverse than those on tow trucks.
Immediate needs/tasks are clearing 10 acres of red pine, French drain around the 140 year old foundation of the house, layout 40x60 steel barn (proper construction equipment is coming in for the actual footer and slab dig), driveway maintenance, snow removal, move abandoned vehicles around/prep for scrap.
eventual is to prep/plant 30 acres, minor ground grade corrections, culvert the driveways, ditch corrections.

/ New purchase RX6620 #4  
It would help if you put your location in your personal info.

Finish mower in "yard" should be fine, but for anything else, esp with rocks, watch out.

You can use your rear remotes for plumbing front hydraulics (which is what I did) or you can buy kits that come off other hydraulic circuits (and provide joystick control). Other than a grapple there's not much hydraulics-wise that you're going to be able to run (or would want to try to run off the front) due to limited hydraulic flow (if in doubt always look at what the hydraulic device's flow requirements are).

I'd rent an excavator for the french drain work. Pretty much am NOT a fan of CUT backhoes (or even industrial backhoes).

How much snow? What's the driveway like? NOTE: I don't have to deal with snow; but, if you are more specific you're likely going to get responses from people who are more likely to provide useful input.

"clearing 10 acres of red pine" - I don't have a clue. No idea density (your area is nothing that I'd likely be familiar with). No idea diameter. There are tree shears (front-mounted, hydraulic- don't require a lot of hydraulic flow) that one might consider, but depends on diameter of trees AND one's willingness to be doing such work via tractor [no real protection cage]).

Prep/plant 30 acres in what? NOTE: I don't do ag, so I can't really say here [either]. Gotta be more specific so that folks can provide better input.

Tractors can do a lot of things. Lots of things they cannot do quickly. Need to understand time constraints (which is when one might need to look to rent more dedicated equipment to the task).

/ New purchase RX6620 #5  
I have a 7320 and pull a 12' batwing mower with it. I Normally run in ePTO in midrange 3rd or 4th gear, depending on how high the grass is. I know I have about 10 more hp than you, but those thing really pull well. I have also pulled a 12' disc with a 10' cultipacker hooked to the back of it and it does fine.