new ranger review?

/ new ranger review? #771  
Fords S/S system is really complex. It also won't shut down if the front wheels are turned a certain amount from straight ahead. Something about anticipating a turn.
Correct, I check this out this evening. When the auto stop was initiated at a red light I turn the steering wheel just a little and the motor started up immediately.

/ new ranger review?
I was to our Ford shop yesterday for service and forgot to ask them how the Auto starter works.

/ new ranger review? #773  
I was to our Ford shop yesterday for service and forgot to ask them how the Auto starter works.
The one question I can't find the answer to is "What battery voltage is needed for the Auto Stop/Start to work?" Ford dealership wanted a $200 electronic diagnostic fee to find out why it was not working, but speeding that money on a new battery instead turned out to be a wise decision - still operating perfectly.

/ new ranger review? #775  
S/S sounds complicated.
Not to mention annoying. Glad none of mine have it.
I'm sure some college kid did his thesis showing it would save 392,871 barrels of oil a year or something.

/ new ranger review? #776  
Not to mention annoying. Glad none of mine have it.
I'm sure some college kid did his thesis showing it would save 392,871 barrels of oil a year or something.
Just don't ever buy a new vehicle and you can avoid them. There are about 4 red wires to positive side of the battery, I think one of them is tied to the start/stop function and disables it if it measures too low of voltage. Disconnecting it should disable start/stop. Now all I have to do is cut the correct red wire, 25% chance of cutting the right wire 75% chance of killing the truck. The odds are not in my favor.

/ new ranger review?
Gee, I thought the auto motor shut down would be annoying but about 38K miles, I just leave it on.

/ new ranger review? #778  
On the auto startup, work car had that and i thought i'd killed the engine, but it started right backup and took off. After a few times, i didn't pay it any mind.

/ new ranger review? #779  
I like the stop/start function. On our car ('18 Toy Highlander) you have to give extra brake pressure for it to shut the car down, so it doesn't just happen at every stop. It's trivial to avoid it, but it's nice to have if you know you're going to be waiting a while. You may not care about the little bit of gas savings, but the evidence is clear that it's a great pollution reducer.

/ new ranger review?
Nothing exciting to show but normal lake snow is kicking in here this. I am suppose to have this in the shop to get the "check engine" light off.
P1130919.jpg