New Ride

/ New Ride #11  
Awesome truck! and a sharp color too.

Not to hijack but can you tell me how Grand Lake compares with Table Rock? We've been looking for a different vacation spot. Thanks.

KiotiCowboy nailed it. Just depends what you are looking for. Grand lake consists of a lot of wanna be yuppies all trying to look like they are wealthy. Especially the south side with CYC and AYC. The North side is more hillbilly especially around Bernice and other places on the East side like Jay. The water constantly has bacteria and other problems and sometimes GRDA will even warn you not to swim in shallow areas where the water gets really warm. Extremely busy on weekends and if you dont' have a 30+ ft boat you will bet beat to crap on the main lake. Grove has the most restaurants and other things to go do as most of the other lake towns like Ketchum, Langley, Disney, etc... are pretty po dunk and dont' have much to offer for entertainment.

Table rock is much cleaner and less developed on the shoreline. Lots of stuff to do in Branson as well.

It really just depends what you want to do on your visit. If you want to take the boat out and pull the kids on the tube and go camping or would you rather spend time at a place like CYC hanging at the pool drinking and eating or would you rather go see some shows in Branson and go to silver dollar city.

I grew up going to many lakes in Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, and Texas and owned a dock construction company at grand lake for many years so I have both worked and played on most of the lakes in the region.

Let me know what you are looking for and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.

/ New Ride #13  
KiotiCowboy nailed it. Just depends what you are looking for. Grand lake consists of a lot of wanna be yuppies all trying to look like they are wealthy. Especially the south side with CYC and AYC. The North side is more hillbilly especially around Bernice and other places on the East side like Jay. The water constantly has bacteria and other problems and sometimes GRDA will even warn you not to swim in shallow areas where the water gets really warm. Extremely busy on weekends and if you dont' have a 30+ ft boat you will bet beat to crap on the main lake. Grove has the most restaurants and other things to go do as most of the other lake towns like Ketchum, Langley, Disney, etc... are pretty po dunk and dont' have much to offer for entertainment.

Table rock is much cleaner and less developed on the shoreline. Lots of stuff to do in Branson as well.

It really just depends what you want to do on your visit. If you want to take the boat out and pull the kids on the tube and go camping or would you rather spend time at a place like CYC hanging at the pool drinking and eating or would you rather go see some shows in Branson and go to silver dollar city.

I grew up going to many lakes in Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, and Texas and owned a dock construction company at grand lake for many years so I have both worked and played on most of the lakes in the region.

Let me know what you are looking for and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.

Sorry for the hijack KK.....How about a pic of that truck with a boat behind it?:D

I been to Table Rock or Beaver probably 30 times in my life. Love them both. Table Rock seems to be getting busier and busier. Beaver is a longer drive. I have always wondered about the OK lakes like Grand, Tenkiller, etc...Living in southern Ks, there are many lakes within a 5-6 hour drive. I have just always gone to Table Rock or Beaver for boating, tubing, swimming, skiing and fishing. We all think the restaurants on the water are cool too.

/ New Ride
Sorry for the hijack KK.....How about a pic of that truck with a boat behind it?:D

I'm afraid you won't be seeing that photo. I've been coming to Grove for 7 years - moved up about 2 years ago. I have yet to put a toe in the lake. It's beautiful to see but not so much that I would spring for a boat. Maybe, just maybe, I'll wind up with a pair of Jet Skis ... after I pay off the Kioti and my new truck :)

/ New Ride #15  
Man, the beauty of living on a lake is having a boat tied up in the dock. No boat ramps, no trailers.....some day for me.....

/ New Ride
Well, if I was on the shoreline, I'd have something out there. Currently, I'm 1/4 mile off the water and after I build my new home on the farm it will be 5 miles. Either way, I would be paying for a boat slip or towing. I haven't ruled "something" for the water - just dropping big dollars elsewhere of late. Maybe jetskis or a pontoon will find my place in a year or two.

/ New Ride #17  

I been to Table Rock or Beaver probably 30 times in my life. Love them both. Table Rock seems to be getting busier and busier. Beaver is a longer drive. I have always wondered about the OK lakes like Grand, Tenkiller, etc...Living in southern Ks, there are many lakes within a 5-6 hour drive. I have just always gone to Table Rock or Beaver for boating, tubing, swimming, skiing and fishing. We all think the restaurants on the water are cool too.

Imagine all of what you have seen at the various lakes including hotels, restaurants, clubs, condo, golf courses, resorts, etc.. and put them all at 1 lake. That is what lake of the Ozarks is like.

So since you live in Southern KS how far are you from the Cobalt factory? They make some world class boats.

/ New Ride #18  
Man, the beauty of living on a lake is having a boat tied up in the dock. No boat ramps, no trailers.....some day for me.....

The downside is the cost of waterfront property even in the hillbilly parts of Grand Lake.

/ New Ride #19  
Imagine all of what you have seen at the various lakes including hotels, restaurants, clubs, condo, golf courses, resorts, etc.. and put them all at 1 lake. That is what lake of the Ozarks is like.

So since you live in Southern KS how far are you from the Cobalt factory? They make some world class boats.

Was out of town and thus the late reply.

One thing I like about Table Rock and Beaver is that they are Corp of Engineering lakes. This keeps it from being so commercialized and preserves the shoreline and views. I have heard the opposite of Lake of the Ozarks...but...never been there.

I have a fish and ski. My boat has to fish first and then handle passengers and tow stuff second. My neighbor has a 26 foot Cobalt. Super nice boat that he leaves on a lift at Table Rock. I wouldn't want to tow it back and forth every trip!

/ New Ride #20  
Nice looking truck. Hopefully the mileage will improve substantially over 12.5.

Where is NE Oklahoma are you from? We moved from the Grand lake area a few years ago.

Not with the 6.0. I wish mine got 12.5.