New RK74 Owner

/ New RK74 Owner #21  
Congrats,looks like a nice tractor.My only thought is the bucket looks small for that size of tractor.

/ New RK74 Owner
Looks like a nice tractor, when you are running that tiller, adjust the top link so the tiller sits level in the ground.

That's the position it's suppose to be in when running.

SR.

Oh yeah for sure - I stopped, moved it out to check on the PTO connection, and took a few pics while I was on foot. Works real nice though.

/ New RK74 Owner
Congrats,looks like a nice tractor.My only thought is the bucket looks small for that size of tractor.

I had thought the same thing when I first saw it. Thought it needed a bit more depth and higher sidewalls. Has worked out just fine for my needs so far though. If I need a larger one, our local ag store sells 84” bulk material buckets that are compatible.

/ New RK74 Owner #24  
Alrighty folks...put in 40 new fence posts...

How did you do this?: Wood posts with a PHD? or Post driver? Pushed metal posts it ground with bucket? I am planning a high-tensile fence for horses and seriously looking at a post driver. Just curious what you used...

BTW, VERY nice pictures - beautiful property!

/ New RK74 Owner
How did you do this?: Wood posts with a PHD? or Post driver? Pushed metal posts it ground with bucket? I am planning a high-tensile fence for horses and seriously looking at a post driver. Just curious what you used...

BTW, VERY nice pictures - beautiful property!

I use a 3-point post hole digger, and the posts are either 4 or 6 inch diameter treated wood.

The only thing I would consider doing differently next time is getting one for the front of my loader, instead of a three point.

/ New RK74 Owner #26  
The only thing I would consider doing differently next time is getting one for the front of my loader, instead of a three point.

I hear that - continuously twisting around plays havoc with the neck and shoulders.

/ New RK74 Owner #27  
Smiley,I have been looking at the various tractors in this size range and have the RK74 on the short list. I was wondering if you would make the purchase again? Any other thoughts would be appreciated as well. Thanks

/ New RK74 Owner
Smiley,I have been looking at the various tractors in this size range and have the RK74 on the short list. I was wondering if you would make the purchase again? Any other thoughts would be appreciated as well. Thanks

Howdy to you. Apologies for the delayed response here, have been heck of a busy with the new land and barn build.

You arent kiddin Id buy it again. Nearly 200 hours now from brush hogging (bought a Bush Hog 3008 8ft rotary cutter) and working the 74 in a half dozen other ways on the ole farm. Not a tick of trouble and still happy as could be.

Did a round of regular maintenance on it per the book and it was easy peasy to service. Have had several 8 hour days running it pretty much non-stop on the farm. Cab stays nice and cool in any heat, engine is as sweet as cherry pie, goat stable on steep hills, and will lift n pull just about whatever you ask of it.

Some of the fiddlin around Ive been up to.

F0DBD647-F266-47A4-837F-5806825A6BF2.jpeg

CE104E83-5DA3-4713-9CFB-AF14310C073C.jpeg

0658C2A4-34B1-421A-A257-4528F7A6B6E4.jpeg

BCF18B42-9A3F-4950-8819-3A5DB2995D10.jpeg

ABCC2AA4-7B79-4A2B-BD42-B0487CC15E30.jpeg

FB3A6B5A-3E4B-4AF0-966A-2F9CF01B3691.jpeg

924FC854-AA43-4CCB-B90A-4B88956D73BA.jpeg

Last edited: