New rules for outdoor boilers in N.H.

/ New rules for outdoor boilers in N.H. #1  

MikeD74T

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45S
Posted this in rural Living but urban living might be more appropriate! State of N.H. Dept of Environmental Services just jumped in with both feet on the issue of nuisance smoke from outdoor boilers. And as DES always does, their rules affect many more than the initial troublemakers. Start thinking 30' free standing smokestacks and nobody"s "grandfathered"!!!! :eek:

Press Release MikeD74T

/ New rules for outdoor boilers in N.H. #2  
First, they must be installed no closer than 200 feet from an abutting residence. Second, they must have a permanent attached stack that is at least 2 feet higher than the peak of the roof of a residence or place of business (not served by the unit) located within 300 feet of the outdoor wood boiler.

Well at least it looks as though you would only be required to have a tall smoke stack if you are within 300ft of an abutting house. If you are and it is a 2-story house... Watch out! :eek:

My parents are looking into one of these, Thanks for the heads up!

/ New rules for outdoor boilers in N.H. #3  
I know the township my parents live in (PA) are looking to put a cap on the number of permits they will allow for installing new units. The main reason being the issue in regards to smoke.

/ New rules for outdoor boilers in N.H. #4  
I know the township my parents live in (PA) are looking to put a cap on the number of permits they will allow for installing new units. *The main reason being the issue in regards to smoke.
Press Release
This ought to just about eliminate this source of heat except for fireplaces, oh wait banning them is next.

/ New rules for outdoor boilers in N.H. #5  
Good Evenin Mike,
Sorry to hear whats going on in NH ~!!! Whenever the state gets involved its never good ! ;)

Hopefully wood burning stoves wont be outlawed next, because if they are we will all freeze ! :D

/ New rules for outdoor boilers in N.H. #6  
Press Release
This ought to just about eliminate this source of heat except for fireplaces, oh wait banning them is next.

It already is in many cases under the SF Bay Area Air Quality Mgmt District.

About the only "Fire" they tolerate is Natural Gas.

/ New rules for outdoor boilers in N.H. #7  
So much for "Live Free or Die"

/ New rules for outdoor boilers in N.H. #8  
So much for "Live Free or Die"

If you ever lived next to a house with one of these, you would understand. They smell bad and create so much smoke, it will really ruin any outdoor event with the wind blowing towards you.

And I still don't pay income or sales taxes, that to me is living free...