New SC2450 TLB Cub Cadet Yanmar!

/ New SC2450 TLB Cub Cadet Yanmar! #21  
$16200.00 is a Great Deal! It's Under Dealer Cost! After he pays inbound freight, Preps it and delivers it! Wow thats a good deal!

I agree, I think that dealer needs a different calculator. $16200 even with free shipping and any early order incentive is under dealer cost. Maybe I should be buying from him vs Cub.

Buck

/ New SC2450 TLB Cub Cadet Yanmar! #22  
Well, the more I think about it the more I think I may make the switch. I've been at the dealer 3 times this week discussing the possibilities. I double checked the price with the dealer and he confirmed. Since I am very good friends with the owner I told him that some other dealers have told me that he is selling below his cost (which I told him I appreciate, but need him to stay in business...where else would I go to get my old Wisconsin Engine parts) I annoyed him to the point where he actually showed me the order sheet with his prices. While I would be getting a great deal, I can assure you that it was not below his cost, plus he added that with dealer rebates he will do ok on the sale. Now I have to talk my wife into going along with it, wish me luck.

/ New SC2450 TLB Cub Cadet Yanmar! #23  
Just tell her how she can.......um.....well you can undo the ahhhh......

and fix the........._______ ....well good luck anyways.

/ New SC2450 TLB Cub Cadet Yanmar! #24  
Thanks for the ideas Scout, but I am fighting a losing battle. Infact last night I raised the white flag...no Sc 2450 for this guy. Also, been meaning to ask you Scout if you have or collect IH Scouts. I've been looking for an 80 or 800 but the local ones for sale are the typical snowplow types with the typical salt holes in them.

/ New SC2450 TLB Cub Cadet Yanmar! #25  
I feel your pain vince was at my dealer yesterday,
He got the new 45 hp unit in last week with the hoe on it I did go to his pile and play

but momma was not happy I even sat on it
LOL

/ New SC2450 TLB Cub Cadet Yanmar! #26  
I'm jealous Gordy, at least you were able to sit on it. I'm would be in trouble if I were to glance at the 45 hp. How did it handle? It looks like a nice machine.

/ New SC2450 TLB Cub Cadet Yanmar! #27  
it was a fun time granted it was just in loose dirt but seamed tight
not a lot of slop in the joints
fairly quick hydralics I was impressed

/ New SC2450 TLB Cub Cadet Yanmar! #28  
Well, the more I think about it the more I think I may make the switch. I've been at the dealer 3 times this week discussing the possibilities. I double checked the price with the dealer and he confirmed. Since I am very good friends with the owner I told him that some other dealers have told me that he is selling below his cost (which I told him I appreciate, but need him to stay in business...where else would I go to get my old Wisconsin Engine parts) I annoyed him to the point where he actually showed me the order sheet with his prices. While I would be getting a great deal, I can assure you that it was not below his cost, plus he added that with dealer rebates he will do ok on the sale. Now I have to talk my wife into going along with it, wish me luck.

Let me clarify, factory invoice is not cost. Unless of cource he is an internet only dealer and is drop shipping to the customer and his only overhead is a phone a web site and a small power bill. I did some math and at that price I would have to sell 570 of the SC2450's to cover "cost" and at 571 I am making money. He must be a massive dealer! The dealer rebates on that model wouldnt cover my power bill for a week. He is giving this tractor to you for whatever reason and, if you can, I would take it.

Buck

/ New SC2450 TLB Cub Cadet Yanmar! #29  
Thanks for the ideas Scout, but I am fighting a losing battle. Infact last night I raised the white flag...no Sc 2450 for this guy. Also, been meaning to ask you Scout if you have or collect IH Scouts. I've been looking for an 80 or 800 but the local ones for sale are the typical snowplow types with the typical salt holes in them.

Sorry about the no-go on the new toy. Could you convince her if you sold your rig and got enough, to get the new one?! A last ditch effort....
I was brought up with Scouts as a kid and always loved em. Have rebuilt 2 (Scout 2 and Terra) and kinda sorry I sold em. I use to buy/sell them as well when I was in the NW, now I buy/sell Cubs. I do know a guy that has a yard full of em, been meaning to give him a call, will do that when I return home in a few weeks, and see what he's got. You're right about the northern salt climes, rigs are pretty beat up and a lot of plow rigs.
I always check Ebay, and clsearchengine.com, it's a nationwide search for Craigslist items. Might be better off traveling some distance to pick up a better one.....
Also, I'm assuming you're in charge of the newsletter? I'm ashamed to say I let my subscription lapse....if it's still going I'll renew it!
Good luck!