New SIG 556 Hog Rifle

/ New SIG 556 Hog Rifle #1  

SkyPup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs
Got a new SIG 556 and have been putting it to good use these last couple of days.

Put an Eotech 512 Holographic sight on it.

Here's my first target:

Eotech%20Target.jpg

Here's a couple of hogs I shot in my lower 40 with it this month:

Hog%20&%20Tractor.jpg

Big%20Boar.jpg

Hog%20Tied.jpg

SIG%20&%20Pig.jpg

HOG%20Tractor.jpg

Hog%20SIG.jpg

Over 500 pounds of shoulders, hams, ribs, tenderloins, etc. in the freezer and I'm just getting started!!! :D

Last edited:
   / New SIG 556 Hog Rifle
Here she is all dressed up with furniture on:

Outdoor%20SIG.jpg

Outdoor%20SIG3.jpg

/ New SIG 556 Hog Rifle #3  
Are you going to open meat shop? Or was the population getting too much for the land?

/ New SIG 556 Hog Rifle
The piney woods rooter population was getting way out of hand, so I chose to remove some of the sexually reproductive members to slow their population growth down some. They've been eating my deer and turkeys browse too...

The damage a 500+ pound sow or boar does is substantial, holes as large as a kitchen table, plant destruction, etc.

I'm just thinning out the population some and eating high off the hog! :D

/ New SIG 556 Hog Rifle #5  
Great looking rifle... and, I'm totally impressed with the target.... I think you will keep the freezer full!!!

/ New SIG 556 Hog Rifle #6  
Looks like the freezer will be just about full.

Not to change the topic but there's a great video on youtube for a 557 rifle. I tried to attach a link to it but I'm not computer literate enough to do it. I'll bet every one of them has a sore shoulder. The only one able to hang on and actually try to reload for another shot is the last guy.

/ New SIG 556 Hog Rifle #7  
OMG, Skypup, we need a video of you shooting that beast... either one, I don't care, the rifle or the hog:eek: Does that booger kick the way it seems to in the youtube video?

/ New SIG 556 Hog Rifle #8  
I guess it's a good thing the hog can't shoot back.

Apolgies, never impressed with a man who uses a semi auto for hunting.

Only my opinion and sincere aplogies if that opinion upsets anyone.

/ New SIG 556 Hog Rifle #9  
Maybe he used the bayonet in the pics:eek:

/ New SIG 556 Hog Rifle #10  
as long as he eats it, why would it matter.....and if he doesn't kill it instanstly, then he immediately has another round to put it out of it's misery.........the only problem i have is the gamcam, autofeeder and deer stand all within about 20ft.....but, then again, if they eat it, it really doesn't matter......i guess there are different motivations for hunting; food, sport, trophy, the challenge, etc.......i didn't grow up hunting, but now that i have some land, i'd like to start and my motivation would be to save money and family time.....

the auto would also help prevent injured animals from running away and then dying somewhere else......even then it feeds the local food chain......

i see this thread going a completely different direction, now:rolleyes:

that's a sharp rifle....i really miss my rock river AR......that's the only gun i've ever sold (well, traded for a 8N tractor) and wish i had back!

I guess it's a good thing the hog can't shoot back.

Apolgies, never impressed with a man who uses a semi auto for hunting.

Only my opinion and sincere aplogies if that opinion upsets anyone.