New T1520 tractor has tick in motor

/ New T1520 tractor has tick in motor #21  
Are there lemon laws in your state?

/ New T1520 tractor has tick in motor
The tractor was purchased in NY, where there are no lemon laws for tractors. However they did direct me to the Fair Trade Bureau because I have a small business. So we are going to follow through with them if this does not get reolved soon. If I do that, I will have to hire a lawyer, which I really do not want to do if I don't have to. I'm not looking to sue anyone or anything of that sort. All I want, as I have stated, is a tractor that runs the way it should....

/ New T1520 tractor has tick in motor #23  
Sounds like you are getting the run around treatment. They will just continue to ignore you and pretend no problem exists until your warranty is up. Then they will suddenly be willing to work on your tractor for $60.00/hr plus parts! My daughter had a similar problem with her $32,000 new Madza CX-7. Problems with the transmission. Every time she took the car in to be fixed, they said nothing was wrong. When she showed them how the transmission slipped, they said it was within specs! Sometimes you run into dealers that have no pride in their product or work. Unfortunately, thats when lawyers come in handy. Whatever you do, first try to get the area rep involved and if that doesn't work, get a lawyer before your warranty is up! I can't see how there could be another side to this story, since you bought a new tractor, its hard to imagine how the defective engine could be explained away and justified by another "side" of the story.

A quick update as to what has happened.... FINALLY, the regional rep came out to listen to my tractor. Now, he first said he didn't hear any noise, while my wife and I could both hear it and pointed it out. He then proceeded to use a stethoscope and kept moving this and that under the hood, but seemed pretty focused in one area. Again he said he heard nothing (which was honestly what I expected since this is the same gentleman who hung up on me). Before he left, he stated there was a slight noise, but did not believe it to be anything major. He left it saying that New Holland was done here and would do nothing further. My thought on this is, if it is a brand new tractor, why should there be any abnormal noises, and if there is, shouldn't it be taken care of? Even if they don't believe it to be anything major? I also have yet to receive the detailed description of what was done to repair my tractor, even though I have requested it in writing and promised to get something sent to me. Unfortunately, at this point, I am thinking I need to contact a lawyer. I really did not want to have to do so, but I feel it is time. Another gentleman I have been dealing with through the PA headquarters promised me a return call after he got the rep's report back and I have not had any calls back. He said it would be within the week. I honestly would like to have an enjoyable weekend with my wife and children, so i will put my next call off until Monday! Have a wonderful weekend all :)

/ New T1520 tractor has tick in motor #25  
Sorry to hear about the **** you are going through. I have been considering the T1510 or T1520, but after hearing about your nightmare, now Im not so sure.

Good news... Rep says he would like me to take a look at new tractors. Looks like they will take mine in on trade. Any suggestions on what to get? I really did like the 1520 as far as size, weight, etc. Just not too sure about the LS models, what's reliable and that sort of thing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

/ New T1520 tractor has tick in motor #27  
Not sure if you are fond of Kubotas, but models L3200 and L3800 would be very similiar to the T1520. The only issue Im aware of is a jerky 3 point hitch going up, but avoidable by quickly lifting it.

/ New T1520 tractor has tick in motor #28  
Good news... Rep says he would like me to take a look at new tractors. Looks like they will take mine in on trade. Any suggestions on what to get? I really did like the 1520 as far as size, weight, etc. Just not too sure about the LS models, what's reliable and that sort of thing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Bigger is always better. I had a 1900 that was wonderful and my 2110 was the best tractor I ever owned. Those sizes aren't appreciably larger than the 1520.