New T2290

/ New T2290 #1  

Buckeyeman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota T2290
I'm back! I haven't been on here since 2015 when I sold my Kubota B7610. I moved and I don't need a tractor anymore so I bought a new T2290 with a 48" deck. Can't wait to try it out.

Attachments

• IMG_2496.JPG
    IMG_2496.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2494.JPG
    IMG_2494.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2503.JPG
    IMG_2503.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 144
   / New T2290 #2  
Looks great and ready to get some work done!

How did you end up selecting the T2290 over the other models?

I heard engine's are now the biggest piece in shortsupply from the latest Messicks supply chain video. Which engine do you have and how was your purchasing experience/timeline?

/ New T2290
I looked at every brand of mowers, and I wanted a fabricated deck and a suspension seat. That was 2 of the main things I wanted. I have a Kawasaki FR series engine. The T2290's are very hard to find because of the supply shortage. I got lucky and the dealer knew I was interested in one, and got a call one day and he said we have one coming from the factory tomorrow are you still interested? I've been looking since last fall for one. So I got one right out of the crate. The Kubota GR's are way over priced, and to go up to a BX it would start out at $17K. I was not paying that much to cut grass. The majority of the companies ONLY make zero turns, so it was hard to find a quality riding mower. Cub Cadet, Husqvarna had a couple of models with fabricated decks but not a good seat. Simplicity makes a couple riders but your looking at $12K for a fabricated deck. All the John Deere's have stamped steel decks, and are high dollar.

/ New T2290 #4  
Now that is a mowing machine, relaxation on wheels. If I may, how much did that run you?

/ New T2290
I used my new T2290 mower for the first time today. I've been using my ZTR previously. Well I'm happy to report I am quite pleased with everything. It cuts great, nice riding suspension seat. No more patches of grass being torn up by the rear tires like my ZTR. I feel that I have better control than I did with the ZTR. My only complaint is the KRA system. This is annoying to have to push the override switch every time you engage the blades. The first pass I made and went to go in reverse and the engine shut off. So every time you shut off the blades, and engage them again you have to press the override switch again. That's going to be bypassed since I'm the only operator. I don't understand why they came out with this stupid design. I know someone got sued at one point.

/ New T2290 #10  
I used my new T2290 mower for the first time today. I've been using my ZTR previously. Well I'm happy to report I am quite pleased with everything. It cuts great, nice riding suspension seat. No more patches of grass being torn up by the rear tires like my ZTR. I feel that I have better control than I did with the ZTR. My only complaint is the KRA system. This is annoying to have to push the override switch every time you engage the blades. The first pass I made and went to go in reverse and the engine shut off. So every time you shut off the blades, and engage them again you have to press the override switch again. That's going to be bypassed since I'm the only operator. I don't understand why they came out with this stupid design. I know someone got sued at one point.
Yep, that KRA is LONG gone on my G2160. Of course one of my previous machines was an old Allis Chalmers B series from around 1961. No safety devices of ANY kind on that old beast