New TerraForce Tiller 48"

/ New TerraForce Tiller 48" #1  

Farming Bees

Tractor
1025R
Hi Ya'll. Finally bit the bullet and purchased a TerraForce tiller for my 1025R JD. Wondering if anyone can answer a few questions?

First off, is it safe to use the tiller with quick hitch systems and wondering if there are any safety issues I need to be aware of? I've had to add bushings to make the pins fit securely for the iMatch.

Second, Attaching the shaft - the instructions show that the slip clutch end should be hooked up to the tractors PTO. However, that is the heavier end and is also the end you need to use a screwdriver to secure it onto the PTO. The other end has a "push pin" of sorts and allows that end to clamp on the tillers mount very easily. Can this be reversed and used safely?

Third, this tiller was shipped on a nice metal stand screwed onto the shipping pallet. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of exactly how it sat upright on it. I've tried several different ways but can't figure out how to place it back onto the stand so that it is stable again. Anyone know? Pictures?

/ New TerraForce Tiller 48" #2  
Don't see why a quick hitch would be a problem.

The slip clutch should be just in front of the tiller's gearbox and the "push pin" end is what connects onto the tractor's PTO shaft. You can see the slip clutch here. Was yours not already attached?

20210424_110439.jpg

I have a Terraforce 62 and to place it back on the stand I just have to use the hydraulic toplink and extend it out so that the rear shield of the tiller sits inside the posts of the stand like this.

20210424_110339.jpg

There should be a "stand leg" on the front you can also lower and just have the tiller rest on it and the tines as well.

Make sure the PTO shaft is not too long, it may need to be cut down. Hookup the tiller except the PTO, raise the tiller to the top and try to connect the PTO, you should have plenty of room to compress the PTO shaft and then slide it on the tractor.
Now disconnect the PTO shaft from the tractor and lower the tiller all the way down and repeat, if you can't compress the PTO shaft enough to connect it to the tractor it will have to be cut to shorten it.

/ New TerraForce Tiller 48"
Thank you for your quick response!

They shipped the shaft and the 3 pt disassembled. I will test out your method of sizing the shaft tomorrow when I am at the farm.

Thank you for the pictures! So in that position on the frame it doesn't rotate forward?

The 1025R doesn't have a great lift. Consequently when I took the tiller off the stand it bent those front plates. Do you know what the purpose of those plates are?

/ New TerraForce Tiller 48"
I tested out the tiller briefly last week. I had to use a pair of bushings on the side pins to make it fit the iMatch. After a few passes i noticed the bushings had slipped to the side and the hitch was just catching the thin pins so I stopped. Unfortunately, I didn't notice this same thing happening with the new boxblade and the boxblade "jumped out" of the clasp on the quickhitch and i bent the upper bracket. Lesson learned.

/ New TerraForce Tiller 48" #5  
Thank you for your quick response!

They shipped the shaft and the 3 pt disassembled. I will test out your method of sizing the shaft tomorrow when I am at the farm.
There is a PTO shaft sizing paper in the black manual holder tube IIRC. IF not , there are more detailed videos on youtube. Just remember, cut short pieces off both sides and test, you can always cut more off but you can't add it back on!

Thank you for the pictures! So in that position on the frame it doesn't rotate forward?
Mine can not as the back pan is caught by those posts.
The 1025R doesn't have a great lift. Consequently when I took the tiller off the stand it bent those front plates. Do you know what the purpose of those plates are?
Not sure, maybe a visual guide for placing the tiller on there or some sort of protection from the forks or whatever they use to move and stack them.