New Tig Table

/ New Tig Table #1  

weldermike

Platinum Member
Tractor
kubota L4400
I cooked a tig torch recentley so I went to my LWS to get a new one, while I was waiting around I saw they had some miller welding tables. I was thinking what a joke, build your own table. Any hoot out of curiousity I asked how much they were, and I been thinking about building another one and the joke was on me, I bought one. I just get so tired of telling myself I can build that, and wind up adding it to the list of things that never gets done. I just put it together recently, made a few add ons today and im very pleased with it. Built pretty well if anyone was debating. In the future im gonna buy another and double up. I give it a thumbs up if anyone was looking into these!

ForumRunner_20120411_173817.png

ForumRunner_20120411_173845.png

ForumRunner_20120411_173922.png

ForumRunner_20120411_173941.png

/ New Tig Table #2  
Never seen one in person, just on these welding forums. I think wroughtiron Harv has one too.

/ New Tig Table
I was seriously thinking about building another table, and the price of the top plate would have cost me almost as much as what I got this for. I been dealing with my LWS for 25yrs so I get a personal discount and a union discount. Second guessed my purchase till I put it together. Im happy its not a boner! Good stuff!!!

/ New Tig Table #4  
If it is the 30S model, the top is 3/16". Is that adequate? I keep hearing people say that heavier steel is necessary. Just wondering.

It's also 30" high. That seems low to me, or is that a good height? I'm asking because I plan to build my own and want to get it right :laughing: I've been thinking more along 36" high. Good or bad?

Right now, just starting out welding, I using an old metal clad door on cheap saw horses :eek:

Ken

/ New Tig Table #5  
If it is the 30S model, the top is 3/16". Is that adequate? I keep hearing people say that heavier steel is necessary. Just wondering.

It's also 30" high. That seems low to me, or is that a good height? I'm asking because I plan to build my own and want to get it right :laughing: I've been thinking more along 36" high. Good or bad?

Right now, just starting out welding, I using an old metal clad door on cheap saw horses :eek:

Ken

Well my table has a 1/4 inch top, and is 38 inches high, it is actually a bit too high for me (I am 5'10") I got the pipe for the legs from a salvage yard, so I figured make them as high as possible, and cut it down if needed.

/ New Tig Table
Ken45101 said:

Ken

The top plate is 3/8, and 30in is perfect for doing bench work from a chair. Yes its the 30s table.

/ New Tig Table #8  
The top plate is 3/8, and 30in is perfect for doing bench work from a chair. Yes its the 30s table.

Actually, according to Miller's website, the 30S has a 3/16" top. The 30SX model (with the X cutouts for clamps) is a 3/8" top. The SX model looks like it's an additional $90 or so.

Good point about 30" being good for use from a chair. I don't have a chair in the shop.

Ken

/ New Tig Table
jake98 said:
How much did that set you back?

I got the whole package with the clamps for $500.

/ New Tig Table #10  
Bench work from a chair!!!!!! I thought bent/broken backs was what this was all about.
I still gotta get a cement floor then the chair.

Good looking table.

RC