New tire question

/ New tire question #1  

Bootlegger750

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1640 Shuttle shift
I'm putting new tires on the front of my max 28. It has 4 ply Carlise 23x8.5-12. 23" height according to their website. Going with 6 ply, but the height is 22.6 for the 6 ply carlise. And 22.8 for the Camso. Will that little of difference effect the 4wd? Thanks

/ New tire question #2  
As long as the rolling distance is the same should OK.
If not you could be in for serious repair.
Generally they say that fronts should lead the rears by about 5 %.
.2 would look good to me but I'm not the expert.

/ New tire question #3  
Not on dirt and probably not at all. The minor difference is well within the tolerances of tires and gearing- especially on tractors with mismatched front and back tires and gears.

If you are paranoid about it just make sure you aren’t in 4WD when you are on dry concrete or asphalt

/ New tire question
Not on dirt and probably not at all. The minor difference is well within the tolerances of tires and gearing- especially on tractors with mismatched front and back tires and gears.

If you are paranoid about it just make sure you aren’t in 4WD when you are on dry concrete or asphalt
Thanks, just wanted to double check. Just wanting a 6 ply instead of ply. My fronts are dry rotted real bad. Probably just go with Carlise 6 ply. Thanks again

/ New tire question
Thanks

/ New tire question
I just found on Carlise website, both say rolling circle 68.9

/ New tire question #7  
Mine are dry rotted bad also.... Let me know how that works out. I will have to be doing the same thing soon...

/ New tire question
Mine are dry rotted bad also.... Let me know how that works out. I will have to be doing the same thing soon...
Sure will, whats sad is the tread still looks new.

/ New tire question #9  
Sure will, whats sad is the tread still looks new.

Keep running them! Sidewalk cracking is not fatal. Your top speed is about 7mph. Many tires have been running on tractors for years or decades with cracked sidewalls.