New to me 180D with rusty wheels

/ New to me 180D with rusty wheels #1  

Pilot

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 770, Yanmar 180D, JD 420 (not running), had a Kubota B6200
Got what I thought was a great buy on a Yanmar 180D with only 800 hrs. on it--$3,200 with a KK mower and a 5' Land Pride blade. Everything worked, paint was new but it needed new tires as the originals were on it and were cracking pretty badly and one was obviously flat. What I didn't notice was that the tires had calcium with no tubes. Oops.

One front wheel was rusted excessively. $93 for a new wheel from the JD/Yanmar dealer (they sold both and have all the parts books). But no listing for the rears and can't find any in the area.

Haven't taken the rears in for new tires yet, so I don't know the condition of the wheels, but if they are bad, all is not lost. The tire store can send the wheels out and have new rims welded on. Cost would be about $230 per wheel.

So by the time it is ready to run, I'll have about $4,400 into the rig and can sell the mower & blade with my old Kubota 6200D for about the same amount, maybe a little more.

Not as good as I had hoped, but still not bad.

/ New to me 180D with rusty wheels #2  
Pilot
What size are they ? I have a set left over from a YM186-D
wheels & tires

Ernie

/ New to me 180D with rusty wheels
9.5-20.

Where are you located?

/ New to me 180D with rusty wheels #4  
The YM180D parts book shows 2 different 9.5 - 20 wheels and they are available from Yanmar, but both cost more than the $ 230.00 that you can have your wheels repaired for.

Danny

/ New to me 180D with rusty wheels #5  
Richard,
I checked it out , Im sorry but the wheels I have are to small for your tractor /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
They are size 18s not 20
I still have the 186 on a pallet if you need any parts
Thanks Ernie