new to me 4720H

/ new to me 4720H #1  

herm0016

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4720h
I put a deposit down on a 2012 4720H / QA loader and 6 implements including 5 ft frontier brush mower, econo-plow 3 pt snow blower, bison 7ft blade, earth worx grader, auger and forks. I think I got a decent deal at 24500 in todays market, and its only about a mile from here as the crow flies.
670 hours. looks almost brand new save for the stickers on the hood. has a nice sunshade as well. The snow blower looked like the bearings were all fairly new and everything seemed to be greased and well taken care of. the PO has not had any issues with it. only bad part is there is no dealer close by. but he has not needed a dealer and bought it new. the head mechanic from the dealer is now running the Napa in town and is happy to help with anything as well.

cant wait!!
pick up early October.

/ new to me 4720H #2  
Nice! Congratulation! Sounds like you found a well maintained tractor that should serve you for many years to come.

/ new to me 4720H #3  
Sounds like a solid setup to me.

Post pics when you get it home.

/ new to me 4720H
finally sold the property and received the tractor. Its kinda hard to change the ranges, do I just need to lube up the hydro pedal linkages? the hydro pedals also stick a bit, do not return to center when you let off. makes using the forks precisely hard.

Attachments

• 20211013_173707.jpg
    20211013_173707.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 85
   / new to me 4720H #5  
The range trans on my 4 year old 3725 is also stiff. It's loosened up some since new. I think Branson uses tight gear clearances which makes for less noise but more difficult shifting.

The HST pedals have exposed linkage under the floor. I'd first clean that off then check vs the shop manual to make sure everything is in place. There's a return sping that some folks have had problems with.

/ new to me 4720H #6  
for the range shifter linkage its connected to the shift lever via a roll pin style connection unfortunately there isn't really much that can be done to make that smoother, as for the pedals not returning to neutral there is a turnbuckle linkage just underneath the tractor where the pedals come under, if you adjust the turnbuckle it will adjust the pedals in or out depending on what you need and which way you need to go with the travel, as for the return on the pedals more often that not the neutral return spring will be worn out and can be replaced quite easily with a new one as its a pretty standard type of spring, this spring is what brings the pedals back to the neutral position once you let your foot off the pedals, if this is slow to return or "sticks" this spring is your likely culprit.

/ new to me 4720H
so far I am loving this machine. I used some jbweld plastic epoxy and that seems to work well on the broken light housing, i may glue one side of the lens on it to strengthen the circle part, or get some large steel washers to glue in to strengthen the mounting hole. they seem pretty weak for how much they stick out.
Anyone have trouble running led bulbs in the flashers?

/ new to me 4720H #8  
finally sold the property and received the tractor. Its kinda hard to change the ranges, do I just need to lube up the hydro pedal linkages? the hydro pedals also stick a bit, do not return to center when you let off. makes using the forks precisely hard.
The Branson tranny's are Synchronized range tranny's. You just need puch clutch or let clutch out slightly to get a little movement in the trans and it will slip into whatever range. Don't force it.
They are great tractors

/ new to me 4720H #9  
The Branson tranny's are Synchronized range tranny's. You just need puch clutch or let clutch out slightly to get a little movement in the trans and it will slip into whatever range. Don't force it.
They are great tractors
the H model is hydrostatic, no clutch

/ new to me 4720H
the H model is hydrostatic, no clutch

yea, its great, but also tough to get used to after having an old gear drive with no synchro's. my feet are trained to run the brakes on the right and the clutch on the left, not the forward and reverse on the right and the brakes on the left.