New to Me B 6000

/ New to Me B 6000 #1  

hobie

Silver Member
Tractor
Jazee One
My first tractor with a loader was a Wheel Horse D180. Loved having the loader, but afraid of others driving the antique with no brakes or power steering. Plus it has had a host of little issues, though the motor, and Hydraulics work great, I was fantasizing about something a little smaller, and more reliable when I stumbled on the little orange machine. My guess is they are of similar vintage, and overall condition, but the Kubota seems a better fit for my needs, and will actually take slightly less space in the crowded garage. I'd love to add power steering to it if I could get a simple kit, and wish it had a side discharge MMmower, a snow plow blade...The W H is faster at 18HP, but the little diesel seems very powerful for it's size, and is running very well too. It also has the 3 point hitch reverser so implements should be a little easier to find. Happy to be a member of the orange family. WH goes on sale soon.

/ New to Me B 6000 #3  
My first tractor with a loader was a Wheel Horse D180. Loved having the loader, but afraid of others driving the antique with no brakes or power steering. Plus it has had a host of little issues, though the motor, and Hydraulics work great, I was fantasizing about something a little smaller, and more reliable when I stumbled on the little orange machine. My guess is they are of similar vintage, and overall condition, but the Kubota seems a better fit for my needs, and will actually take slightly less space in the crowded garage. I'd love to add power steering to it if I could get a simple kit, and wish it had a side discharge MMmower, a snow plow blade...The W H is faster at 18HP, but the little diesel seems very powerful for it's size, and is running very well too. It also has the 3 point hitch reverser so implements should be a little easier to find. Happy to be a member of the orange family. WH goes on sale soon.

Something to note if you're not already familiar... TractorData.com says the B6000 has a counter clock-wise PTO...FWIW...

TractorData.com Kubota B6000 tractor information

/ New to Me B 6000
Thanks guys. /Pine, mine has the PTO Reverser to correct the counter clockwise PTO so no worry there.

/ New to Me B 6000 #6  
I have a B6100, that little diesel keeps on chugging. The other motor may be listed as more horsepower but the diesel probably has more torque. Welcome to orange and you can see my power steering setup by clicking the link in my signature.

/ New to Me B 6000 #9  
:welcome: There's always room for one more.:thumbsup:

/ New to Me B 6000
5N95I45E33K43L73Ncc9mfa64c87827a81b28.jpg
This thread could seriously use pictures :D