New to me CT 450 any advice

/ New to me CT 450 any advice #1  

Wild and Free

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat Ct 450 with 9tl loader and 7' 730 lorenz snowblower, 7' Road Boss utility grader
I have been a Kubota man for most of my life but not having a cab on them and last winters numerous record setting blizzards here in ND I opted for a cab and found a nice clean one owner 2009 Bobcat Ct450 tractor with tl9 loader with 1460 hours cab ac and heat radio 2 rear remotes grill guard and in nice shape. Got it for $18,500 which looking for the last few years was a steel and everyone else in the area thinks so too after seeing it. Currently doing an end to end service and fixing a few little things i found on it. Just wondering if there is anything i should watch for. I see it has a leak between the sections of the hydraulic pump on the engine but the Bobcat site doesn't break the pump down for parts. I also have to replace the steel line from the pump to the loader control valve as it has a crack where the banjo fitting meets the pipe on the valve, just ordered it today from my local dealer for 64 bucks.
Swapping it over to Amsoil front to back, did the engine today waiting to get the leaks fixed before changing the hyd oil and filters.

Owner just rebuilt the front axle due to a failed bearing retainer snap ring which is apparently an issue with these.

/ New to me CT 450 any advice #2  
Here are the pump parts Bobcat Genuine Parts Catalog – Official Bobcat Company site

Its on the bobcat web page under parts and then catalog. You will need to know the serial number - should be on the frame up front. I think it is the left side. I took a guess based on the model year.

Be careful on the trans fluid as it need to be a trans / differential type.
Also the Kioti CK40 is the twin and many Kioti frame, trans, and engine will fit. I think the only difference is the wiring harness, but then again there are some similar parts there.

Last if you do a search on this site I believe you can find a service manual.

Enjoy

/ New to me CT 450 any advice #3  
I don't think the parts manual breaks down the pump parts other than some of the drive gears. ex45m-t725a.png ct425.png

Here is a pdf manual if that would work for you, paper copies around $100. Bobcat CT44 CT445 CT45 Compact Tractor Workshop Service Repair Manual | eBay

/ New to me CT 450 any advice
winston1 you are correct, I looked up the pump on the parts site and found that same pic too. All that shows is the pump and mounting and drive I need the seals in between the pump body sections it leaks between the front and rear section of the pump body itself not the mounting / drive area.

Amsoil makes tractor hydraulic trans fluid and my local Bobcat/Kioti dealer said it's a great product to run in these tractors when I asked them about it.
https://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g28.pdf

Last edited:
   / New to me CT 450 any advice #5  
Kioti parts diagrams show the same thing. I suppose no harm could come in taking it apart. Could be seals that could be bought at a bearing house. Likely Bobcat could get them also. If unusable as is I would go for it.

Not unusable yet but it is wet just shy of dripping so now is the time since I will already have one line off it and the oil drained.

/ New to me CT 450 any advice #7  
Can you pull the manufacturer data off of it and go that route. I would imagine they have parts and that whatever the seals are a standard dimension.

/ New to me CT 450 any advice #8  
Here are the pump parts Bobcat Genuine Parts Catalog – Official Bobcat Company site

Its on the bobcat web page under parts and then catalog. You will need to know the serial number - should be on the frame up front. I think it is the left side. I took a guess based on the model year.

Be careful on the trans fluid as it need to be a trans / differential type.
Also the Kioti CK40 is the twin and many Kioti frame, trans, and engine will fit. I think the only difference is the wiring harness, but then again there are some similar parts there.

Last if you do a search on this site I believe you can find a service manual.

Enjoy
Just a point of clarification... The Kioti equivalent was the DK50.

Just a point of clarification... The Kioti equivalent was the DK50.

Good to know TSO, thanks.

I am not worried about sourcing parts as my local Bobcat dealer in Mandan ND which is about the oldest Bobcat dealer in the nation since it was basically next door to the MFG plant when it was in Bismarck up til the buyout. They have since taken on the Kioti line after Doosan bought out Bobcat one in the same now.

Just got the new to me Lorenz 730 snowblower home yesterday.

23472912_313568302473354_6589306647958716099_n.jpg

Last edited: