New to me KX033-4

/ New to me KX033-4 #11  
My friend has Milwaukee stuff. They are really good too. I ended up buying a Dewalt 20V grease gun because I had already bought my son some Dewalt stuff, so I had those batteries and chargers.
But I just saw one I really like. I can't remember if it was an Alemite or a Milwaukee but it actually had a digital display on it that shows how grease is in the tube. I thought that was awesome, because my guns never seem to run out until I crawl underneath something, LOL.

/ New to me KX033-4
My friend has Milwaukee stuff. They are really good too. I ended up buying a Dewalt 20V grease gun because I had already bought my son some Dewalt stuff, so I had those batteries and chargers.
But I just saw one I really like. I can't remember if it was an Alemite or a Milwaukee but it actually had a digital display on it that shows how grease is in the tube. I thought that was awesome, because my guns never seem to run out until I crawl underneath something, LOL.

That would be a good feature. This Milwaukee uses the plunger rod to show you about how much grease is left. I used it today but have not quite figured it out yet.

/ New to me KX033-4 #13  
Congrats on your purchase! I just want to offer some advice, I wouldn't suggest tying it down by the rubber tracks if you're going to be moving it a lot, you don't want to tear or cut a track with the chain. There are plenty of places to chain it down from, I usually goto the blade and the welded "hoop" under the side without the blade. You can also usually tie down from somewhere on the track frame.

/ New to me KX033-4
Most of these I saw were mid 30's to high 30's. I feel lucky to have scarfed this one up for 28,5.

/ New to me KX033-4 #17  
Awesome purchase. And it has a thumb!
7400 lbs is the size I want.
Change the track motor gear oil at same interval as the engine oil.
Oil is supposed to be changed at first 50 hours and every 500 thereafter.
But you don't know what they did.
It's simple, like 1/2 qt of 90wt and the track motors will last forever.
Every 200 hours is easy and low cost.

18v grease gun seems foo-foo but when you think about how much easier it is to maintain your machine, and how more likely you are to do it.
If nothing else, to justify the greasegun purchase price..... the electric greasegun will pay for itself.
I like the part where you can spin the carriage around while pumping grease onto the flank teeth.:cool2:

/ New to me KX033-4
I will only put 60 to 100 hours on it per year so I will change oil once a year like I do with my tractor.
I'll look at youtube for tips on changing track motors oil. I read about it but would like to see it done. Any suggestions on brand or synthetic or not for track oil?

I bought a Milwaukee 18v grease gun and you are right about making the job so much easier. Love it.

I'm totally lost on spinning carriage while greasing flank teeth. Where are the flank teeth? THX

/ New to me KX033-4 #19  
656016d1589768537-new-me-kx033-4-a-flank-jpg

Cant see the (3) grease nipples under all that grease but you should have a similar greasing decal.
Owners manual says to grease the flank in 4 locations (Like North, East South West)
But you can spin the carriage while holding the trigger down on the 18v greasegun.

It's much more satisfying but my advice is to do it in private.
If anyone sees you having that much fun...... they will never understand and may judge harshly.

656017d1589768537-new-me-kx033-4-a-filldrain-jpg

Drain from the bottom and fill to the middle hole.
Super easy.
Just simple gear oil, 90 or 80/90.
Don't get hung up on oil type, just drain the oil with the metal dust out and refill with clean gear oil.
Special oil that you don't keep clean is not special anymore (if it ever was).

I put 300 hours on mine in 6 years that's like 50 hrs per year.
It sure seems like I use it more than that.

With a 7400 lb machine 300 hours of work would probably taken only 150 hrs.

Attachments

• flank.jpg
    flank.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 261
  • filldrain.jpg
    filldrain.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
   / New to me KX033-4
THANK YOU Sodo!!!!!!! I sure appreciate the info an pics. :D