Rake New To Me Power Rake

/ New To Me Power Rake #1  

crashz

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501, JD LT150, DR Field Mower
I've been shopping for a used power rake for about a year, with no luck. These seem to be the Toyota Tacoma's of attachments, if you can even find a used one, its nearly new for price.

But two weekends ago I found this Landpride PR2572 on Craigslist. Actually two. Seller is a really good guy, was very honest about what he had, and sold me the worst of the two at my request. For a price that was less than just about any of the replacement parts. Note the drum is in pretty good shape.

This unit hit something hard and due to a failed slip clutch, cracked the gearbox and bent the drum at the mounts. The roller support is slightly bent too (opposite side from the chain case) I've ordered a new gearbox from Landpride. I plan on straightening out the support the best I can with a hammer and running it. The good news is that after I cleaned out the chain case and lubed it up, it works. And though the end supports wobble a little, the drum spins smoothly when raised and when grading soil. Before I start running it I need to do the following:
- Replace the gear box
- Pack the chain case with corn head grease. Seals are blown out on the lower end. So if I ever have to replace the drum, I'll replace the bearings and seals then.
- Straighten out the idler side support.
- Fix the slip clutch and adjust properly
- Replace the gauge wheels. I bought the wheels/tires/bearing as a unit mostly for convenience.

The rake came with a hydraulic angle and hydraulic tines, but since I don't have a remote yet, I converted it to all manual via a couple of new top links. Even with the new parts and elbow grease, I'm into this thing for about half of the cost of the better unit and much less than half the cost of anything else I've seen.

Eventually I will be offering this as a service in my side field mowing business, but for now I just want to rake out my un-level areas of my yard and redo my parents entire yard. I will need to prove that its reliable enough to bring onto a customer's project AND learn how to use it with some skill.

Attachments

• power rake.jpg
    power rake.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 113