Oil & Fuel New to me R4010 aka CT41 - could use some help

/ New to me R4010 aka CT41 - could use some help #1  

Caseyb1

Bronze Member
Tractor
McCormick CT41 HST
New to me R4041H aka CT41 - could use some help

Well I made the deal, swapped my 2006 Kubota L2800 for a 2010 McCormick CT41 aka LS R4041H.

So far so good, 14 Hrs. in the seat over the last week. Set up my new McCormick MH66 bh this weekend, it's a little small, but will do all the digging I'll ever need, might take a little longer than a bigger one, but more seat time is a good thing from my perspective. :D

Setting up the bh illuminated a concern, the Hydraulic fluid that came out of the remotes what I was testing for flow direction looked dirty, almost brown:(. The dipstick in the differential has clear fluid on it.

I need a little help here, I didn't get any manuals of any kind with this tractor so I'm not sure of the specs for fluids, quantities nor filter types. I figure my best course of action if to drain everything & start fresh, but I'm not sure what to put in where. Based on the 2 fluid appearances, I'm thinking there are two separate systems between the trans. & the remotes/loader.

Can anyone help me out here? Specifications or an e-manual or something?

As a side note, the dealer was great, I called to discuss the concerns I had with my Kubota, 3ph, PTO, etc, & he worked up a very reasonable quote to fix everything I was worried about. I was expecting the stonewalling some of the guys in the Kubota forums have experienced, these guys were great. Nice to know there are good dealers in the area. Instead we swapped rigs, I saved a some cash & got more HP & features. :thumbsup:

Much appreciation if anyone can give me some maintenance help on my new to me tractor.

Casey

Last edited:
   / New to me R4010 aka CT41 - could use some help #2  
Well I made the deal, swapped my 2006 Kubota L2800 for a 2010 McCormick CT41 aka LS R4010HST.

I need a little help here, I didn't get any manuals of any kind with this tractor so I'm not sure of the specs for fluids, quantities nor filter types.

Casey
Search ebay UK for McCormick CT41 manual

I just saw owners, parts and service manuals. I can't vouch for quality but he has a 99% positive feedback.

McCormick CT41 CT47 Workshop Service Manual | eBay

/ New to me R4010 aka CT41 - could use some help
Re: New to me R4041H aka CT41 - could use some help

Thank you for the link, I'm sure the answers would be in there, I'm not sure how long it would take to get here from there though. Hopefully someone who owns one of these tractors can help.

I believe I made a mistake in my initial title, but I can't seem to change it, it's a R4041H, not a R4010.

Casey

/ New to me R4010 aka CT41 - could use some help #4  
Re: New to me R4041H aka CT41 - could use some help

...2010 McCormick CT41 aka LS R4041H.

I believe I made a mistake in my initial title, but I can't seem to change it, it's a R4041H, not a R4010.

Actually, the R4010 is what the LS was in 2010. The R4041 replaced the R4010 in 2011.

As for the discolored hydraulic oil, J.J. would be the guy who would probably know what to make of it around here.

OK, I'll try to keep that straight. What changed? the specifications look the same.

I'm mostly interested in where to check the level, & what to replace it with. THe filter inforamtoion would be good too.

I guess I can just call the dealer tomorrow.

Thanks for setting me straight, again :)

Casey

/ New to me R4010 aka CT41 - could use some help #6  
What changed? the specifications look the same.

I don't know about what happened with the McCormicks, but in the LSs, all I know is the joystick moved and the bucket got bigger cylinders. Oh, and the hood changed.

/ New to me R4010 aka CT41 - could use some help #7  
The color may even out a you run it some to cycle it through.

If you have them apart you may want to drain the fluid from the bh if that is where the dirty fluid is.

/ New to me R4010 aka CT41 - could use some help #8  
Sorry duplicate post from the tbn android app timing out

The backhoe is brand new, the tractor is used. I've figured out the filters & fluids, now I just need the procedure. I see a few things that look like drain plugs, but until I can get an illustration of some sort, I'll be holding off. The previous owner is looking to see if he can find the manuals that came with it. Otherwise, I'll have to order a repair manual. I've read on some of the other posts of guys changing the fluids in a hydro & losing movement. Has me a little warry of going in full steam ahead.

Casey